Bull Ignition issues

rgaddy67

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
The last two times I have lit my RT-700, I usually give it 7-10 minutes to start warming up. These past two times I've noticed the grill temperature has NOT risen a single degree. I removed everything to find my fire box full of un-burned pellets. I turn my grill off, scoop out a handful of pellets or more and re-light. When I don't see a flame, I usually try placing my hand directly over the fire box until the grill starts smoking and I see a flame. Once I re-assemble everything, the grill temperature starts rising each time. I know the auger is working because the fire box is full of new pellets. Could my ignition rod be going bad? The grill is only 4-weeks old. I think I'm going to call Recteq this week and see what they say about the issue.

The last two times I have lit my RT-700, I usually give it 7-10 minutes to start warming up. These past two times I've noticed the grill temperature has NOT risen a single degree. I removed everything to find my fire box full of un-burned pellets. I turn my grill off, scoop out a handful of pellets or more and re-light. When I don't see a flame, I usually try placing my hand directly over the fire box until the grill starts smoking and I see a flame. Once I re-assemble everything, the grill temperature starts rising each time. I know the auger is working because the fire box is full of new pellets. Could my ignition rod be going bad? The grill is only 4-weeks old. I think I'm going to call Recteq this week and see what they say about the issue.
I would defiantly recommend to give recteq a call.

Last edited:
Called Recteq today and spoke with David about my temperature issue. He was patient w/ me as I explained what had happened and was very helpful. I emptied the pellet hopper and vacuumed it out. There was a fair amount of pellet dust inside and that's likely my problem. I filtered the pellets before returning them to the hopper, primed the fire box w/ a handful of new pellets, and lit the RT-700. It only took 17-minutes to reach 250 degrees. Hopefully problem solved.

Also recommend calling them. I have always had great customer service

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fjk20
Back