Bull I'm so happy! Just got my RT700's WiFi to connect!!!!

Devimik

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I got my RT700 a few weeks ago and have had trouble connecting to WiFi. I spent an hour on the phone with Xfinity trying to get them to help me split my 2.4GHz from my 5.0GHz as I used the pods mesh extender - long story short - I was told you can't split them out once you have merged them without getting a new router/modem.

I tried following the procedure on the RecTec website to connect with mesh networks and it didn't work after 7-8 tries. I haven't had much time to mess with it, so I've been cooking without WiFi.

Today, I decided to try again and it worked on the first try! Now, I'm ready to do an overnight cook. Today I'm doing a Bacon Explosion!

Attachments

• IMG_6608.PNG
    IMG_6608.PNG
    182 KB · Views: 92
The app definitely has it's issues, but it is a great thing to smoke remotely. It kind of feels like cheating.

Thanks, got a couple of alarms set - we'll see. I can live w/o the alarms, but not the WiFi.
My alarms have not worked but I haven’t tried them in a while. I’ll try them again today. Maybe they fixed themselves. I agree, ok with no alarms, WiFi, game changer.

I know alarms aren't a necessity, but for an overnight would give piece of mind knowing that you didn't have flame out or something. That's why I did a secondary.

What did you do differently that it connected? Just curious.

That's the weird thing - I didn't do anything differently. Just tried one more time and it worked.

I know alarms aren't a necessity, but for an overnight would give piece of mind knowing that you didn't have flame out or something. That's why I did a secondary.

Makes sense.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back