Stampede Initial burn in

KirkP

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I just received my new Stampede and am starting the initial burn-in. It's been going a while with just smoke and not much heat. I noticed the main combustion fan is not running at all, just the small auger fan. Is this normal?

Oops, ignore. It threw an error but I turned it off, manually turned the fan a bit, turned it back on, and I think I'm off and running

Last edited:
Pellet grills will turn off with an error code if they can’t get above a temp threshold (my last one was 160) in some amount of time.

If this was your first time using your smoker, I’m guessing that it took the auger a while to get the pellets to the fire pit.

Seems like the blower fan was stuck from transport. Once I gave it a kick it seems to be going fine. I owned a Traeger for years but didn't know if the RecTec's blower fan was supposed to be going hard during the initial ignite sequence. Now I know :)

Welcome aboard.
Glad you got going with a little slap to the side of the head, but even with transport jostling the fan shouldn't hang up (short of packing debris fouling the blade). Might be worth a warrantee call to RT, they're very responsive.

Welcome aboard.
Glad you got going with a little slap to the side of the head, but even with transport jostling the fan shouldn't hang up (short of packing debris fouling the blade). Might be worth a warrantee call to RT, they're very responsive.
Thanks, I might just do that. I've started and stopped it a few times now and it hasn't been a problem since. Really happy that the internal barrel thermocouple was within about 4 deg of my ThermPro. Temperature inaccuracy is why I returned my a new Traeger pro 575 grilll. This Stampede is awesome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back