IOS app update?

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Did RECTEC put out an app update for IOS users? I was grilling some salmon on my Stampede the other day and my phone started sending me pre-heat alerts for the grill. During the cook I inserted the temp probe and adjusted the alert settings for the probe. When it hit the intended temp my phone alerted me. I tried this with multiple temperatures while cooking the salmon and continually received alerts. This feature had never worked for me before so I’m really hoping it’s truly fixed and wasn’t a fluke. Just curious if anybody else has noticed these changes?

If you look up your version info it likely reads 1.6.2. I used mine for the first time in a few weeks this week and got the same repetitive alerts. They pushed the update through for you and me as well as others. I'm on the bubble as to liking this much feedback...……...it's approaching TMI.

The alerts are annoying now. Mine on Android with the old 1.5.4 version were nice worked fine and I could turn the grill range on or off and adjust the range settings, now on version 1.6.0 it's on all the time and has a fixed setting of plus or minus 15 degrees. I think you IOS guys grill range operates the same but has plus or minus 10 degrees and that's going to give you a lot more alerts. I'm more interested in the probe alerts and had my old grill range set at 25 degrees just incase something drastic happened to the Pit temperatures. Hopefully on the next update this goes back to giving you grill range temperature control and adjustability.

Yeah I did notice that it sends a lot of alerts. I’m sure that’s something RecTec will accept feedback on and adjust accordingly. @Mastertech59 I agree 25 degree temp change would be more appropriate than the 10 or 15 it’s currently set too. Perhaps they can also add a time measurement to that as well. Like if the temp drops and maintains that temp for longer than 1 minute it sends the alert. As it is right now if you open the kid to check something for even a second it drops the temp too far and issues an alert. Overall though I’m happy the app is working as intended and I can truly monitor my cook from my living room or the bar down the road.

Yeah I did notice that it sends a lot of alerts. I’m sure that’s something RecTec will accept feedback on and adjust accordingly. @Mastertech59 I agree 25 degree temp change would be more appropriate than the 10 or 15 it’s currently set too. Perhaps they can also add a time measurement to that as well. Like if the temp drops and maintains that temp for longer than 1 minute it sends the alert. As it is right now if you open the kid to check something for even a second it drops the temp too far and issues an alert. Overall though I’m happy the app is working as intended and I can truly monitor my cook from my living room or the bar down the road.
Long time ago I gave them some input about adding a timer, it would be great to have, I guess they didn't think it was necessary. What I didn't count on was loosing settings and adjustment I already had. Don't worry the new update should be out in late 2021 if history repeats itself. LOL ?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back