Dressed to Kill
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
  2. Trailblazer
  3. Bullseye
  4. RT-680
Matador is currently discounted $100 space bucks, is it worth $199?

Matador is currently discounted $100 space bucks, is it worth $199?
I like mine. It’s not my most used grilling tool by any stretch, but what it does do, it does fairly well. I don’t deep fry anything in the house anymore. I take the Matador pan off and use a cast iron Dutch oven on the Matador burner for frying. The Matador pan also works well in the Bullseye-I think the pan alone is easily worth two bills even if you don’t assemble the rest of the Matador.

I like mine. It’s not my most used grilling tool by any stretch, but what it does do, it does fairly well. I don’t deep fry anything in the house anymore. I take the Matador pan off and use a cast iron Dutch oven on the Matador burner for frying. The Matador pan also works well in the Bullseye-I think the pan alone is easily worth two bills even if you don’t assemble the rest of the Matador.
Thank you!
I hear the Matador calling my name 😁

I used mine about 2-3 times.. I just don't think it gets hot enough for what it is. I'll probably sell mine sooner than later. Just takes up space.

My wife said no more grills...... or this.....

bull-fight.jpg

I'll do $150 for mine if anyone wants. Like new.. only used 2-3 times tops. Pickup in NJ shore area. This is a serious standing offer.
Has the firmware been updated? How about auger?

Has the firmware been updated? How about auger?

Yes, it has version 069.069 on it with a 3.5 RPM auger motor. Also quad band WiFi controller with 6 wireless probes.

The upgraded lens for the light does not blacken and it also can run on tri-fuel with a little adjustment to the MFR.

The slide out racks really help when you are cooking stew.

Yes, it has version 069.069 on it with a 3.5 RPM auger motor. Also quad band WiFi controller with 6 wireless probes.

The upgraded lens for the light does not blacken and it also can run on tri-fuel with a little adjustment to the MFR.

The slide out racks really help when you are cooking stew.
I spoke with customer service, they said all the updates have been done. But, 10 year warranty isn't transferable. I'll have to pass.

I'm in the "I don't need or want it" crowd. I smoke food, and I griddle food. That pretty much takes care of 99% of my needs.

We bought our Matador last year when our over/range at the lake broke. Figured the matador would be a nice easy stand in while waiting on parts for the range, it was. We do stir fry meals a lot and like to do it outside instead of stinking up the inside. Breakfast works well on it, did Chicken piccata a few times, chili, etc. Its very versatile and like others have said, the wok/pan itself is high quality. I still think its a good deal even at $299.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back