Maverick 733

Dan99

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hi Any Co. still selling the Maverick 733..My screen on my 733 is very faint is there anyway to make IT brighter.
Thanks Dan

I have been looking into Fireboard - they apparently log all your cooks.

I am also curious about the Meatstick and the Meater...

Hi I have 2 Mavericks 732 & 733 I use as back ups. The screen on the 732 is soo much brighter then 733? I also have the Fireboard 2 with the fan for my WSM.
My Fireboard has been kinda going "OFF" line lately.

You would say the Maverick is better than the Fireboard?

Hi Fireboard has tons more info then a Maverick. If you just want to check pit & meat temps Maverick will do just fine.
On the other hand IF you want to use a fan to control temps. FB is excellent when it works. My 2 Fireboards so far have been unreliable. At times they lose connection with my WiFi. and NO data comes thru on phone or computer.
Dan

If you need to replace the maverick look at Theroworks products worth every penny
Hi I'm not looking to replace the Mavericks. They are my backups for when Fireboard get wanky and stops sending data to my phone & computer.
Then 590 had all the probes I need.
Thanks Dan

Hi I'm not looking to replace the Mavericks. They are my backups for when Fireboard get wanky and stops sending data to my phone & computer.
Then 590 had all the probes I need.
Thanks Dan

Great to hear, I am looking to eventually supplement and/or replace the probes that come with the Bull - was interested in the reliability of the Fireboard. I don't intend to use the drive function and won't purchase it. If I understand you correctly, it works good for temperatures, overall, but has issues when using with the fan (drive) functionality?

I wished I got the ThemoWorks Signal when it was on sale. It looks like a nice temp checker. I think ThermoWorks is quality stuff. I sure like my Mk4 and I have a No Touch Forehead Thermometer on order.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals

Last edited:
Great to hear, I am looking to eventually supplement and/or replace the probes that come with the Bull - was interested in the reliability of the Fireboard. I don't intend to use the drive function and won't purchase it. If I understand you correctly, it works good for temperatures, overall, but has issues when using with the fan (drive) functionality?
Hi I think my problems with FB were with the WiFi & connection problems. .It's great when it does work (y)
The drive cable & fan worked OK.
Dan

I wished I got the Themoworks Signal when it was on sale. I looks like a nice temp checker. I think Thermoworks is quality stuff. I sure like my Mk4 and I have a No Touch Forehead Thermometer on order.

https://www.thermoworks.com/Signals
That sale will probably come around again. Might be a few weeks/months but it will happen.

(n) :oops: I've been Hi Jacked (n) Please lets stick to the topic.
Thanks Dan

Sorry, Dan. I agree your Fireboard issues are probably with the WiFi connection.

As for the Maverick, is it safe to assume you tried fresh batteries? Low batteries can make an LCD look dim. I'm not familiar with that unit to know if there's an adjustment for the display strength/contrast.

Do you normally leave the unit out in sunlight? It's possible that could cause deterioration over time.

Hi None of above. My 732 screen is 100% brighter then 733, but the 732 gets "wanky" on me at times. The 733 screen has been like that since day 1. There was Co. that was big on the Mavericks. I just seem to locate them
Thanks Dan
PS I haven't tried the FB for a week now I don't want to mess up my connection with the 590. I'm sure I'll get it to connect.FB customer service has been very good so far.

(n) :oops: I've been Hi Jacked (n) Please lets stick to the topic.
Thanks Dan
So sorry to get off topic didn't realize you were the Rec Tec police. All I was doing was trying to recommend a great product alternative but i'm sure you would have issues connecting that too

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back