Bull Meat probe replacements

kflanaga

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I received a new unit from Rectec, but did not come with the meat probes (this was a replacement for a earlier unit that died on me). The probe A/B inputs are not the usual temperature probe inputs, so I'm wondering if anyone knows where replacements can be found, or at least what these inputs are called. Rectec doesn't sell these probes on their site.

@kflanaga have you tried contacting Rec Tec directly? I've heard they will send them to you rather cheaply if you need replacements.

I didn't want to bother them with it. This was an upgraded unit because the old one died, so I don't think it's fair for Rec Tec to have to send me probes that I didn't originally buy. But, it looks like they might be the only option, because I can't seem to find any probes with that particular input.

For what it's worth, I contacted rectec and asked them to allow me to buy the probes from them. They insisted on sending them out free of charge. There is good customer service, and then there is rectec above that.
Their customer service never ceases to amaze me. Kudos to RecTec!

Fireboard is a great product. if you have a need for more then 2 probes then you wont be disappointed. Though admittedly there are many in that category that also are top notch probes.

For me, I am not dragging out all of that Fireboard equipment for every cook and hooking it all up and plugging it up. I use to do that with my Kamado Joe cooker using the CyberQ wifi controller. It's one of the big reasons I wanted the Bull, to cut out having to do all of that. With the Bull, now all I have to deal with is just cleaning two built-in probes afterwards and absolutely love the reduction in start up and shutdown prep just to cook something.

For me, I am not dragging out all of that Fireboard equipment for every cook and hooking it all up and plugging it up. I use to do that with my Kamado Joe cooker using the CyberQ wifi controller. It's one of the big reasons I wanted the Bull, to cut out having to do all of that. With the Bull, now all I have to deal with is just cleaning two built-in probes afterwards and absolutely love the reduction in start up and shutdown prep just to cook something.
I would agree with that completely if the one and only issue I have with Rec Tec (the temp chart issue) was fixed. You liked the data collecting I did for the grill temp data but i had to do it all by hand because the temp chart was again nonfunctional.

If I had a fireboard with its charting and data manipulation availability I could have let the grill run and never check a thing and then download the data and it would have been easy.
SO in that respect it would be nice to have....A need for the average user...no. But I am a tech junkie so gimmie gimmie gimmie

You do bring up a good point there. I do miss the cook data I could save and store for the next cook when using my CyberQ (short memory). I have since created a Tec Cook Notes Excel file to start keeping up with my cooks. I'll attach it here if anyone else wants to see or use it. I haven't put many cooks into yet as it is brand new, but it should work good going forward as a workaround for this. You can edit it to your liking.

P.S. this site doesn't allow this type of file sharing it seems, sorry. You can go to the FB Rec Tec forum though and download it there. Attached is a screenshot of it.

Rec Tec Cook Notes.JPG

P.S. this site doesn't allow this type of file sharing it seems, sorry. You can go to the FB Rec Tec forum though and download it there. Attached is a screenshot of it.
Try uploading it now my friend.

I don't facebook and wouldn't want to force anyone to use it either. Excel files are now allowed. :D

Try uploading it now my friend.

I don't facebook and wouldn't want to force anyone to use it either. Excel files are now allowed. :D
OH FINE!!!!...NOW YOU ALLOW EXCEL FILES!! When I did the temp data and it said it wouldn't allow it I had to convert it to pdf...LOL

I dont FB either...cant stand it personally!

OH FINE!!!!...NOW YOU ALLOW EXCEL FILES!! When I did the temp data and it said it wouldn't allow it I had to convert it to pdf...LOL

I dont FB either...cant stand it personally!
But you didn't tell me you tried to upload to Excel, now did you? :) ;)

But you didn't tell me you tried to upload to Excel, now did you? :);)

Never occured to me to be honest just assumed the forum didnt allow it....I know I know ....I assumed....my error!

Thank you for fixing the issue ....it is much appreciated.
Excellent support from our administrator!!

Ok, here is the Rec Tec Cook Notes file I created to share. I have added some examples to help get you started, but you can customize this however you like to fit you. Maybe this will help you keep up with your Rec Tec cooks better, If not, deleting is easy.

This does require a system that can run full blown Excel files. Trying to use just a viewer will not work. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Rec Tec Cook Notes.xlsx
    102 KB · Views: 176

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back