Meatloaf Temp/Wood

zebra

I am making Meatloaf this weekend which will be my first cook on my new 590. Given there are a ton of recipes I am mostly looking for advice on what temperature and the wood/pellet type I should cook with?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

You can use whatever wood you wish to. Depends on what flavor profile you wish to have, but honestly, there isn't really too much difference, esp. for the time you'd be doing the meatloaf. I really like Oak for beef, hickory for pork, etc. Nowadays, I just buy the Bear Mountain Gourmet blend - it goes great with everything.

Pretty much, you can cook the meatloaf just like you would in the oven. Same temp/time - if you cook it at 350 in the oven for an hour or so, do it in the RT at 350 for an hour or so.

You can use whatever wood you wish to. Depends on what flavor profile you wish to have, but honestly, there isn't really too much difference, esp. for the time you'd be doing the meatloaf. I really like Oak for beef, hickory for pork, etc. Nowadays, I just buy the Bear Mountain Gourmet blend - it goes great with everything.

Pretty much, you can cook the meatloaf just like you would in the oven. Same temp/time - if you cook it at 350 in the oven for an hour or so, do it in the RT at 350 for an hour or so.
Thank you. Smoked many foods before my RT, but never a meatloaf. Appreciate the response!

Any pellet will work, hickory will probably give you a bit more smoke flavor. Go low 180° for about an hr, then 350° for about 45 - 60 mins

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back