Bullseye Meatloaf

sweeter94626

Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Going to try this out tonight. I hope I have it packed tight enough. I always have burgers on standby if this goes south.

C5B9ECC4-15A0-40F5-9AC5-185754BBCBAE.jpeg

Looks like a good dinner tonight! I usually put meatloaf in the freezer for a few minutes to firm it up before I put it on the grill. It seems to help it keep it’s form a little better.

Is "fatty" a common term across all the bbq boards? I haven't seen it here yet, but it's kind of a meatloaf, but layered and rolled up. You use 1 gallon ziplocks to pound out a flat layer of ground meat, I usually do two layers, one hot, one not (stack them on each other after cutting away the ziplock); with stuffing like asparagus, hard boiled eggs, assorted veggies, cheese, etc. Sometimes you wrap the whole thing in a bacon weave, then season the outside with a rub. It's good, and there's a bit of wow factor when you slice it up to show off the fillings in the middle. I'll check on my other computer later to see if I have a pic.

I did a 2lb meatloaf last night...1lb 90/10 ground beef & 1lb tube of Jimmy Dean's Italian pork. Added the usual breadcrumbs, milk, onion, eggs, shredded parm cheese.
Dusted with Ben Heffers.
Cooked it on a RT grill mat
1hr at 200 then 350 until 160 (about 1 more hr)
Glazed at 150 with Baby Ray's sweet & spicy bbq sauce.

Came out great...a little bark & nice smoke ring, Got leftovers for sammiches :)

Is "fatty" a common term across all the bbq boards? I haven't seen it here yet, but it's kind of a meatloaf, but layered and rolled up. You use 1 gallon ziplocks to pound out a flat layer of ground meat, I usually do two layers, one hot, one not (stack them on each other after cutting away the ziplock); with stuffing like asparagus, hard boiled eggs, assorted veggies, cheese, etc. Sometimes you wrap the whole thing in a bacon weave, then season the outside with a rub. It's good, and there's a bit of wow factor when you slice it up to show off the fillings in the middle. I'll check on my other computer later to see if I have a pic.
That sounds killer!

Looks like a good dinner tonight! I usually put meatloaf in the freezer for a few minutes to firm it up before I put it on the grill. It seems to help it keep it’s form a little better.
I'll try that next time.

I did a 2lb meatloaf last night...1lb 90/10 ground beef & 1lb tube of Jimmy Dean's Italian pork. Added the usual breadcrumbs, onion, eggs, shredded parm cheese.
Dusted with Ben Heffers,
1hr at 200 then 350 until 160 (about 1 more hr)
Glazed at 150 with Baby Ray's sweet & spicy bbq sauce.

Came out great...a little bark & nice smoke ring, Got leftovers for sammiches :)
I bet that was good.

Nice cook. Looks like it held its form just fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back