Memorial weekend menu?

Yes Sir! Also, it cooks evenly and faster split. Although to be honest with you I might just put the kielbasa on the flat side of the plates next time and add some kinda weight (not sure what) on top to increase the contact surface.
Foil covered brick or cast iron pan? ??

Here's the short ribs & fixin's

IMG_1268.JPG
IMG_1269.JPG
IMG_1275.JPG
IMG_1276.JPG

Tri tip steaks are another one of those things on the to do list.
Me too.......Tri Tip steaks are just one cut of Beef I've never made. I'm wondering if Tri Tip is a regional thing? I've never seen it around here New England. Maybe the West Coast and South West?

Just put in this 17 pounder......fills up my 1/2 sheet pan and Bull pretty good! Salt and pepper, untrimmed (lazy BBQ'er comes out just fine for me), no wrapping here (I'm more of a producer and don't like mushy bark), 180F extreme smoke for 2hrs the up to 225F until probe tender sometime tomorrow........whenever that is! I don't sweat how long it takes to much, or a particular temp for doness......that's no fun I just cook it for however long it takes and enjoy the ride!

Attachments

• 20200523_191801.jpg
    20200523_191801.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 78
  • 20200523_200022.jpg
    20200523_200022.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 77
Just put in this 17 pounder......fills up my 1/2 sheet pan and Bull pretty good! Salt and pepper, untrimmed (lazy BBQ'er comes out just fine for me), no wrapping here (I'm more of a producer and don't like mushy bark), 180F extreme smoke for 2hrs the up to 225F until probe tender sometime tomorrow........whenever that is! I don't sweat how long it takes to much, or a particular temp for doness......that's no fun I just cook it for however long it takes and enjoy the ride!
Cool...post some finished shots!

Nice Cooks everyone !!
I hope all of you are having a good Memorial Weekend.
I made Hickory smoked Ribeyes for the wife and myself. (Charlie Brown style) And some apple Smoked Swiss with the smoketube (grill off)*
I ran into some problems tonight I'll make another post about.
IMG_20200523_200402.jpg
IMG_20200523_200349.jpg
IMG_20200523_142634.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200523174248903_COVER.jpg

Ugh......these pictures are enough to drive a good man crazy! :D

Good looking steak and smoked cheese. I don't have the smoke tube but I have the A-Maze-N smoker tray that should work I would imagine. I love smoked cheese, it's one of my numerous BBQ favorites.

Me too.......Tri Tip steaks are just one cut of Beef I've never made. I'm wondering if Tri Tip is a regional thing? I've never seen it around here New England. Maybe the West Coast and South West?
Tri-trip is definitely a west coast thing, especially in California. I asked the butcher at Costco why they didn’t have them here in Kentucky, and he told me they used to but they ended up grinding most of it into ground beef. Now Costco ships them to the west coast Costco locations.

Tri-trip is definitely a west coast thing, especially in California. I asked the butcher at Costco why they didn’t have them here in Kentucky, and he told me they used to but they ended up grinding most of it into ground beef. Now Costco ships them to the west coast Costco locations.
I kinda figured as much. I'm pretty lucky to have a large wholesale meat supplier in my area with a rather large retail shop. Maybe they can get me a Tri Tip. Does anyone know if the Tri Tip goes by any other names? Just in case my Butcher looks at me funny when I say "do you have any Tri Tips?" :D

I kinda figured as much. I'm pretty lucky to have a large wholesale meat supplier in my area with a rather large retail shop. Maybe they can get me a Tri Tip. Does anyone know if the Tri Tip goes by any other names? Just in case my Butcher looks at me funny when I say "do you have any Tri Tips?" :D
I wouldn't know, up until about a year ago I never heard of Tri Tips, I'm living on the right coast.

Overnight brisket cook notes for folks who are interested in that sort of data (like myself).

- In at 8pm.

- 2 hrs at 180°F Extreme Smoke

- Turned up to 225°F at 10pm

- Stall lasted 4 - 1/2 hrs or so.

- No wrapping, no mopping, no spraying, no
trimming........hey it works for me and I like my results and crunchy bark!

- Flat was probe tender right at 200°F after
19hrs

- Took Brisket out at 3 pm. the Point was
only 175°F at that time so I dissected the
Point and put it back in the grill at 250°F to
expedite the finishing of the Point.

- The Point was Probe tender at 203°F and
done at 6pm.

- 22hrs total cooking time.

My Bull ran flawlessly, without incident and held my desired temp for the entire cook. The new App worked pretty good for the most part.

I probably could have shaved some time off by cooking at 250°F instead of 225°F but I wasn't pressed with a time and had no where to be. The Bull is a hands free, worry-less with zero effort BBQ'ing machine. The Brisket was tender, moist and pretty tasty, I'm a point man. My favorite part!

Quite a fun cook for a lazy BBQ'er like me these days alright. About the easiest Brisket I've ever done in all my years and the nicest piece of equipment I've ever used. The level of smoke flavor is just fine for my tastes and more importantly my wife and family since they don't care much for heavily over smoked foods that some of my other BBQ equipment produces. Some of those cooker/grills are collecting dust right now!

Attachments

• 20200524_144921.jpg
    20200524_144921.jpg
    6.2 MB · Views: 71
  • 20200524_160958.jpg
    20200524_160958.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 70
  • Screenshot_20200524-184756_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200524-184756_Gallery.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 76
Really nice looking brisket there. Great not having to babysit isn't it?

Really nice looking brisket there. Great not having to babysit isn't it?
Absolutely! I'll be honest with you, I have no patience for tending a fire....splitting wood....
putting more charcoal in.....adjusting the air intakes just right, etc. Ive done plenty of all that. All I want is easy, consistent BBQ. The Bull fits the bill, so much so I find that I'm grilling/smoking way more often since getting it. Which is great, I just wish I bought it years ago! :D

Absolutely! I'll be honest with you, I have no patience for tending a fire....splitting wood....
putting more charcoal in.....adjusting the air intakes just right, etc. Ive done plenty of all that. All I want is easy, consistent BBQ. The Bull fits the bill, so much so I find that I'm grilling/smoking way more often since getting it. Which is great, I just wish I bought it years ago! :D
Not to mention I'm getting too old for manual labor.?

It’s time well spent if all the time watching the pit, adding wood, etc. made better bbq. It doesn’t. The Rec Tec puts out great bbq without the baby sitting. ??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g_morin
Back