Bullseye Multi-tool thermometer

MikeinVB

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
I have the recteq multit tool thermocouple thermometer. It keeps flashing "Lo" and displaying a low battery symbol regardless of my changing and adding fresh batteries. Anyone experience this? Any fixes?

Have you tried another battery; preferably a brand new one? “Murphy” operates on the theory that “whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time.” That includes having a defective replacement battery. ;)

Oh, and since I think the unit uses a “coin” battery (2032?), are you sure you are not installing it upside down. I know that’s grasping at straws, but you never know.

If that doesn’t work, I would try a long press on each of the buttons (at least 5 seconds) to see if that resets the unit. You could also try pressing two of the buttons at the same time. There is usually a reset sequent on electronic devices.

Beyond that, I think a call to Recteq is in order, The tech’s there may be able to walk you through diagnosing the problem.

If you don’t have a manual for your thermometer, I think this one will work.

https://www.cuisinart.com/globalass...ti-tool-instant-read-thermometer/csg-4996.pdf

i would contact recteq they will probably replace it or refund you the money. you could probably get a thermopen mk4 for the same price now. assuming they still make the mk4

I think @chadinsc has the answer; contact Recteq and see if they will replace it; the unit sounds defective. And, as he mentioned, if Recteq won’t replace it, go with a ThermoWorks thermometer. The MK4 is on sale right now…

https://www.thermoworks.com/thermapen-mk4-open-box-jan22/

…and it is a far better unit.

While it won’t have the fancy bottle opener/corkscrew/etc. of the “multi-tool,” it is a more accurate, quicker-to-read thermometer with some great features backed by a company with phenomenal customer service. I have a couple of different ThermoWorks models and am hugely satisfied with them.

Other than being a thoroughly satisfied owner of their products, I have no financial interest in ThermoWorks (but wish I did). BTW, don’t confuse ThermoWorks products with lower cost ones from similarly named companies that are sold on Amazon and elsewhere; they are not the same thing.

If anyone is concerned about price (aren't we all) the Lavatools Javelin is a very worthy contender to the Thermapen, and half the price. It's not quite on the same level as the Thermapen, but a half the price, it's certainly worthy of consideration.

i have a thermopro tp19h ($15) and a thermapen one ($100). i use the thermapen mainly and it’s slightly faster but the difference is actually not as drastic as thermapens marketing would want you to believe. i would expect the thermapen to last much long though because it’s noticeable heavier for its size over the thermopro. but if you need a backup while you wait and don’t wana spend the money i highly recommended the thermopro for $15 off amazon
9344C1AD-4D3E-4C83-A329-766F9E828489.png

If anyone is concerned about price (aren't we all) the Lavatools Javelin is a very worthy contender to the Thermapen, and half the price. It's not quite on the same level as the Thermapen, but a half the price, it's certainly worthy of consideration.
Apparently, my wife isn't concerned. Seems like every Christmas she buys a stack of the latest Thermapens and gives them as gifts. I lucked out this year and she gave me a Thermapen One too. I think we have all the generations of Thermapens in a drawer.

Apparently, my wife isn't concerned. Seems like every Christmas she buys a stack of the latest Thermapens and gives them as gifts. I lucked out this year and she gave me a Thermapen One too. I think we have all the generations of Thermapens in a drawer.
Please ask wife to put me on the Christmas list. I PM'd details.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back