Pizza My Signature BBQ Sauce

Gotcha

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This is a sauce that I created years ago and its always in my refrigerator. It is sweet with just a touch of heat, it makes 36 ounces.

Ingredients
  • 2 cups Ketchup
  • 1 t Garlic Powder
  • 1 t Onion Powder
  • ½ cup Brown Sugar
  • 1/3 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 ¼ cup Apple Juice
  • 2 T Yellow Mustard
  • ½ t Cayenne Pepper
  • 2 T Lemon Juice
  • 2 T Tamarind – Date Sweet & Sour Sauce (Find Indian Grocery Store)
  • ½ cup bourbon whiskey
  • 1 T liquid smoke (I like Wright's LS)
  • ¼ t. black pepper
  • ½ t sea salt
  • 6 oz Cento tomato paste

Directions

Mix all ingredients together and bring to a boil, then simmer in a saucepan for 30 minutes. Allow to cool and then store in refrigerator. Flavor will improve overnight. This will keep for a several months in the refrigerator.

Best Greg

sauce.jpg
sauce 3.jpg

If you nip at the remainder of the “bourbon whiskey” bottle while you’re waiting for the sauce to cool, you can get “sauced” as well! :ROFLMAO:

Here is another one that I make often.

Stout BBQ Sauce

Ingredients:​

1 ¼ cups ketchup
1 (14.9 oz.) can Guinness Draught Stout, or Murphy’s Stout Beer (You can also just use your favorite stout)
3 T apple cider vinegar
½ cup pineapple juice
½ cup molasses
1 6 oz. can tomato paste
1 T butter
1 t. onion powder
1 t. garlic powder
½ t. cayenne powder
2 T brown sugar
2 t. liquid smoke
2 t. Worcestershire
2 T lemon juice
Attach files½ t. sea salt¼ t. black pepper
1 t. unsweetened coco

Directions:
Add all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens around 30 minutes.
sauce.jpg

Use immediately (or cool, cover and store in the refrigerator for up to month).

I worked at Round Table Pizza for five years and found a copycat recipe that is spot-on. That’s our go-to sauce we make.

I have an irrational aversion to liquid smoke. It was "wrong" to use it, up there with boiling the ribs first on the other bbq boards I would visit. Other than that the recipes look tasty. :)

For years and years I thought liquid smoke was a synthetic product that should be avoided. Turns out it is actually real smoke that has been condensed in a liquid form.
Yes, in fact, you can make it yourself, although the commercially produced bottles are arguably better, because they’ve filtered out impurities like soot and ash. The DIY geek in me still wants to try it someday, though.

Yes, in fact, you can make it yourself, although the commercially produced bottles are arguably better, because they’ve filtered out impurities like soot and ash. The DIY geek in me still wants to try it someday, though.
I've got a kamado - I always get "liquid smoke" stains on my longer smokes. I really hate it when it happens to my bacon slabs or my ribs. I guess just a catch pan under the vent would yield some liquid smoke condensations where the smoke hits the cooler air.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back