New from Charleston, SC

mtoddsolomon

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
I’m a Kamado Joe man currently and I have just about every accessory made for the classic 2 but I’ve realized that when smoking something for supper, I can’t make lunch. After hanging around a good friends Stampede this past weekend I had to get one. I think the combo of the Kamado Joe and the Stampede will be awesome. I have a daughter on the way in November so more time at home means more time cooking!

Congrats on the new kid, and the new smoker.

As the owner of a Stampede and a Kamado Joe Classic as well, I can tell you that it is an awesome 1-2 combination and will cover many if not all of your cooking needs.

But you will likely find as I did, with the Stampede in the stable, it will likely become the work horse, the heavy hitter, with your Kamado Joe handling any spill over, or any needs, be they grilling, searing or smoking, that may come up at the same time as the Stampede is in use.

Sometimes, depending upon size of the cook, and what is being cooked, you may find yourself in a situation whereby you need to run different cookers at different temperatures at the same time.

Congrats on the new kid, and the new smoker.

As the owner of a Stampede and a Kamado Joe Classic as well, I can tell you that it is an awesome 1-2 combination and will cover many if not all of your cooking needs.

But you will likely find as I did, with the Stampede in the stable, it will likely become the work horse, the heavy hitter, with your Kamado Joe handling any spill over, or any needs, be they grilling, searing or smoking, that may come up at the same time as the Stampede is in use.

Sometimes, depending upon size of the cook, and what is being cooked, you may find yourself in a situation whereby you need to run different cookers at different temperatures at the same time.
Honestly that's why I ordered one. I find that during the weekend I'll have something on the KJ smoking for supper but want to grill some burgers, wings or the like for lunch. I'm pretty invested in the KJ, I have every grate available, the joetisserie, DoJoe, and a fireboard temp controller. I plan on using the stampede as a dedicated smoker and as a grill on weeknights when wanting to just cook some chicken breasts quickly. it's really hard to beat the KJ for smashburgers, wings, pizza, steak, chops etc. Best part is now I have the right tool no matter the situation.

I’m a Kamado Joe man currently and I have just about every accessory made for the classic 2 but I’ve realized that when smoking something for supper, I can’t make lunch. After hanging around a good friends Stampede this past weekend I had to get one. I think the combo of the Kamado Joe and the Stampede will be awesome. I have a daughter on the way in November so more time at home means more time cooking!
Welcome and Congrats! I’m just over the bridge from you in Mount Pleasant, SC...I too had an EGG knockoff (Bayou Classic) and just got sick and tired of all the prep time and sobered up and bought the BULL and haven’t looked back! I use it for literally everything with nothing but positive results.
Best of luck and by the way, I know it sounds hokey, but the time with your kids passes like a shot! Mine is 34 now and it only seemed like yesterday....

I’m excited about the grill but ecstatic about my daughter! I’m counting the days until I can get her on the bow of my skiff on a flood tide

image.jpg
C9C1D39D-32D5-4870-BF81-7FF67DFB9378.jpeg
EDF53D21-8140-4B9E-B30C-2943D4140B29.jpeg
Well, “Bevo” is home. I saw the comp cart and front shelf on Instagram about the time I got home to sign for it. Looks like I’m placing an additional order.

I smoked my first pork butt Friday night until around 4 on Saturday afternoon. It was delicious and I fully believe it was part of the solution for my mountaineers win over the Tar Heels!
49D175E1-0767-47AC-9269-B6EED2313163.jpeg
49D175E1-0767-47AC-9269-B6EED2313163.jpeg
F5C6E7CA-FBEE-4AEC-9667-E18EA63F0DE5.jpeg
EDD5C40F-12E5-4DF6-8BB4-A4DD3700C017.jpeg
233CD053-67A9-4950-A889-F219A648470B.png
505DBF71-B229-4D98-95DA-8860F1AB7194.jpeg
D4D634B5-B275-4E0A-AA8F-086848218486.jpeg

88AE05AD-75B8-47D3-B8D7-F9AC707BE95E.jpeg
Put some pork tinderloins and asparagus on last night. Cooked at 325 and they came out great! I gotta say, I still love my KJ but being able to start my grill from my phone on the way home from the grocery store, walk in the door and thrown something on the grill as soon as I walk in is pretty nice. Weekday cooking has just been stepped up a notch.

Thanks @dixonduke , the one on the left just has a salt, pepper, garlic rub and the one on the right is basil, oregano, green tomato, and garlic. Both were delicious and melted when I bit into them. Now I have lunch for the rest of the week too. I'm telling you the ease of the app and being able to cook when you walk in the door makes weeknight grilling much more attainable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dkroll
Back