New member / New Rec Tec Stampede owner | Las Vegas, NV.

dsandersus

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Hello everyone!

9 years ago, my wife purchased a MES as a Christmas present, which has been a staple in our outdoor cooking ever since. Well, after many months (3 years) of going back and forth (pellet, charcoal, wood, gas, blah blah blah), research, talking with friends, post trolling, etc. It came down to deciding between Grilla and RT. Ultimately, RT won my heart. Purchased a Stampede and didn’t look back.

Our Stampede arrived this past Monday, got it assembled and completed the burn in. After that, it's been in use pretty much non stop. In the few days we've had it, we've already cooked up burgers, burnt ends (chuck roast), lollipop chicken, blueberry / peach cobbler, pizza, and London broil. I'm looking forward to this weekend as we have a family cookout, making pulled pork, brisket, bacon wrapped hot links, bacon wrapped crab stuff jalapeno's, baby back ribs, smoked potato salad, mac and cheese and a few other odds / ends.

This has been a great purchase and I look forward to many years of delicious outdoor cooking ahead.

David
IMG_20190610_201911_01.jpg
20190612_174836.jpg

Well, it's unfortunate David that you can't get excited about this stuff and get more use out of your Stampede. ;)
You've got an ambitious weekend ahead, enjoy the heck out of it. And welcome aboard.

Update from the Father's Day weekend cook. Overall it went well. Did a pork shoulder, brisket flat, lollipop chicken, bacon wrapped crab stuffed jalapenos, baked beans, smoked mac & cheese, smoked potato salad, baby backs... I think that was it... Started the cook on Saturday, around 6p with the shoulder on first, put the brisket on around 10p. Slept like a baby, woke around 6a and checked the app to see how things were going, everything was golden. Pulled the shoulder off around 9a, wrapped and put in cooler as it was done (about 203 deg.), added the baby backs, then pulled the brisket off around 11a (196 deg.), wrapped and put in cooler. M&C / baked beans went on around 11a. Ribs came off (after saucing, etc.) around 1p, then finished up the cook with the lollipop chicken and jalapenos, those went pretty quick maybe 30 - 45 minutes. Served up around 2p, right on time as per my wife. :).

Postmortem:
Pulled pork - a little dryer than I'm use too, however, this was my first nekkid cook (didn't wrap, left in until IT of 203). Mild smoke flavor, but good. Next time I'll try my normal method of pull / wrap at 165, add brown sugar, honey, maple syrup. and back in until 203. See of that changes anything..
Brisket - As per wife "best you've made". Nuff said.
Lollipop chicken - everyone loved, juicy, flavorful.
Jalapenos - These were fantastic!
Mac & Cheese - Gooey, yummy, colon clogger. Nuff said.
Baked Beans - Another "hit", we ate these for days and wanted more.
Baby Backs - as per the kid - "best yet dad" - he's the rib connoisseur in the family, so I'll take that as a good sign.

All in all, it was a successful cook and we are absolutely, unequivocally enjoying the hell out of the RT - Stampede.

Happy Smokin!

20190612_110813.jpg
20190612_110816.jpg
Brisket.jpg
Lollipop Chicken.jpg
Pork Shoulder.jpg

Looks terrific David, and a "best ever...…" is a huge reward.
One comment on the nekkid butt, I find they are probe tender and juicy inside somewhere between 190 to 195...……….and the bark (some peoples favorite part) is awesome!

@dsandersus WOW that looked fantastic. Great job!! I love cooking for people and the satisfaction from them enjoying my efforts. You went all out on Fathers day....A day that you should have been relaxing and instead worked hard and gave everybody the gift of great food! You put everybody else first....the mark of a great DAD! Cheers to you!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back