Bull New Ower- Need Help!

Selled73

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I have just put together my grill and have about 3 cooks on it. I cleaned out the fire pot and then tried to do a reverse sear on some steaks using the sear kit. It was 55 F out but when my grill was set to full, it would not raise over 450 F. Is this due to the ambient temp or is there some other issue? I though this grill would get over 500F? I waited over an hour, and it would not go over 450F. So I fired up the gas grill and finished the steaks of on the gas grill. I called Rec Tec and left a message, but I have not heard back from them. Thanks.

That maybe about tops. I have 590 and it did 470°. Sear plates get hotter so it worked fine.

Seared steaks yesterday and It was at 495 when I placed them on the sear plates.
I had it set on 500 and not full but I have had no problems getting up to 500

Bull 700

Seared steaks yesterday and It was at 495 when I placed them on the sear plates.
I had it set on 500 and not full but I have had no problems getting up to 500

Bull 700
Do you know about the outside temp? I am wondering if it was just to cold. I will call them tomorrow and see if upping the feed rate would help

Do you know about the outside temp? I am wondering if it was just to cold. I will call them tomorrow and see if upping the feed rate would help
I don’t think the outside temp mattered. I’ve had the bull up to 520 when it was just above 32 degrees. Rec Tec customer service will straighten it out.

My Bull hits 480-490 consistently!

Grilled some skirt steaks on the sear grates yesterday. About 45 degrees here and I was dead on 500 when I put the steaks on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back