New Stampede owner from Phoenix

rrusch24

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Long time smoker, first time Rec-Tec Stampede owner from Phoenix. My name is Rick and i've been smoking on a 30" stand up smoker for the last 8 years and needed more smoking space and the 590 fit the bill. After looking over the forums and waiting for my Stampede to show up I had an idea of the few mods I wanted to apply; add a front folding shelf and increase the wifi signal (router is upstairs in a utility room). Using instructions found here on the forums I was able to easily add both without any issues. I did the initial burn in and was ready for my Saturday smoke.

I jumped in with 2 feet and got a whole brisket and trimmed it down for a nice clean flat and a good looking point. Put both in at 250 with S&P and a little RC heffer dust. At 4 hours I pulled my point and dropped it into a pan with a little beef broth and covered it with foil and put it back on the smoker for the burnt ends. I also pulled the flat and wrapped it in paper, probed it and put it back on the smoker. 4 additional hours and my flat was at 203 so I pulled it and put it into our small convection oven to keep it warm. I pulled the burnt ends, drained the pan into a fat separator and diced the ends. Then I mixed a little sweet baby rays with the juice in the separator and let then ends swim away.

All in all my first smoke was a success and I cant be happier, wife included, with our Stampede. Pork butt is ready for next weekend. Time to dig around the freezer and find something else to smoke.

IMG_0506.jpg
IMG_0512.JPG
IMG_0518.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0524.jpg
IMG_0525.jpg

Congrats man. You are going to love your new smoker. That brisket is beautiful! We've had our Stampede for about 1 1/2 months and gone through 60 lbs of pellets...get ready to start cooking brother... my family is always asking what's next.

Welcome @rrusch24 to the family! Congratulations on the new RT-590 (evidently they ditched the names lol) The brisket looks like Aaron Franklin himself would be proud!! Looks Fantastic!!
Great Job!

Welcome aboard Rick, good lookin' Q.

Probably ought to show and tell on the shelf, looks like you used a raised panel board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back