Stampede new super proud owner

LBN

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Got my 590 set up this weekend.

Love it so much. One of my smoke vents came broken. Quick phone call a uploaded picture and replacement is on its way. Top notch customer support.

Started off with teriyaki chicken thighs. My conclusion is ton start skin side down to help it crisp up better next time. Tasted great just slightly chewey on the skin.

Second dive in was a 17 pound brisket. Tasted great just a bit dry. I panicked a bit when one probe was at 203 and one at 195. Waited untill second one was at 203 but other was at 210. Probably should have taken it off earlier. Did foil method on second half. Still took like 12 hours. Hey its a learning thing.

This morning did 3 pounds of bacon. About 3/4 through i started to get message that grill was over temp. I figured it dumped a bunch of pellets to compensate for the cover being open. Then the fan started to turn on and off. I got really woried that my new smoker was broke. Turned it off. That's when i noticed the puddle of gease on the ground under the hopper. Latter on inspection the bottom had a bunch of grease in it. Im concluding that it was catching fire and causing the over temp. The fan thing freaked me out though. 5 stats to rec teq for awsome protection software.

Cleaned up grill and am currently trying burnt ends. Smoker working perfectly and holding rock solid.

Must say of all the things i have bought for myself over the years iam super happy with this purchase. The warranty is just icing on the cake.

Welcome. Way to jump in with a nice lineup of cooks!

Got my 590 set up this weekend.

Love it so much. One of my smoke vents came broken. Quick phone call a uploaded picture and replacement is on its way. Top notch customer support.

Started off with teriyaki chicken thighs. My conclusion is ton start skin side down to help it crisp up better next time. Tasted great just slightly chewey on the skin.

Second dive in was a 17 pound brisket. Tasted great just a bit dry. I panicked a bit when one probe was at 203 and one at 195. Waited untill second one was at 203 but other was at 210. Probably should have taken it off earlier. Did foil method on second half. Still took like 12 hours. Hey its a learning thing.

This morning did 3 pounds of bacon. About 3/4 through i started to get message that grill was over temp. I figured it dumped a bunch of pellets to compensate for the cover being open. Then the fan started to turn on and off. I got really woried that my new smoker was broke. Turned it off. That's when i noticed the puddle of gease on the ground under the hopper. Latter on inspection the bottom had a bunch of grease in it. Im concluding that it was catching fire and causing the over temp. The fan thing freaked me out though. 5 stats to rec teq for awsome protection software.

Cleaned up grill and am currently trying burnt ends. Smoker working perfectly and holding rock solid.

Must say of all the things i have bought for myself over the years iam super happy with this purchase. The warranty is just icing on the cake.
Grease under your smoker means it’s getting in the bottom of the smoker. That should be avoided if possible for the fire you mentioned. Whatever food you put on the smoker should be placed over the drip pan and not past the edge. The drip pan will funnel heavy grease to the bucket.

glad you didn’t damage your new smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrew550
Back