Bull Newcomer to Board - First cook on Bull - Temp spikes

Kilo94

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Happy to be a new owner of a Bull-700! Seriously haven’t felt like a kid at Christmas in 40-some odd years.

But...I do have a little worry after my first cook. First cook was four racks of ribs and a bacon-stuffed head of cabbage. Used the 3-2-1 method. First five hours was outstanding. Temp held perfectly, it was truly amazing. Not having to fight a fire was great.

Unwrapped ribs for the last hour. Happened to be outside and noticed the actual temp was 275 degrees (set for 225). I opened the lid and the temp dropped back down. Sat down and watched the temp rise back up to 250, opened the lid and brought it back down. Did this for another half hour before I pulled everything out.

Has anybody had this problem?

C580FE9C-8F9D-4531-A709-2DEB0140AC42.jpeg

I have cook a lot on my bull and have not see that happen. Can you check your temp prob in the grill and make sure it is clean?

Congratulations !

I had my first cook this past Sunday, only had one jump in temp (225 to 240) not sure why that happened, could have been my inadvertently touching the app or a self adjustment by the controller due to the colder temps here in Chicago...

Either way, I caught it quick, food came out awesome and will watch for it on the next cook.
I did however have hugh spikes in my probe readings, I ended adjusting the probes to make sure they were clean etc... and the temps normalized.

Enjoy !

Nothing out of ordinary. May have been a little breeze. 80-85 degrees.

Smokin a pork butt this weekend and see how it goes. And try to figure out the WiFi issue!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MuddyBill
Back