Pellet Recommendations

The Cabela’s pellets come in 6 flavors and are made by Lumberjack from what I can determine. Where I am in MN it’s easier to get Cabela’s pellets as there is one that I drive by often and right now they have free delivery. They are $9.99 for 20 lbs and I just ordered 140 lbs of cherry, apple, and some of their competition blend.

The Cabela’s pellets come in 6 flavors and are made by Lumberjack from what I can determine. Where I am in MN it’s easier to get Cabela’s pellets as there is one that I drive by often and right now they have free delivery. They are $9.99 for 20 lbs and I just ordered 140 lbs of cherry, apple, and some of their competition blend.
Sounds like a winner.

Wow flashback to 1975 in a restaurant In Grand Junction Colorado, that was about the only thing the watress said when we made our order
You have a good memory. I don’t remember stuff from last week. ??

The nearest actual stocking Lumberjack dealer I could locate, beside Dicks, was BBQ HQ in Simi Valley. That's over an hour away. I bought a couple hundred pounds last trip. I'm running low on fruitwoods and mesquite. I'm thinking about a drive up there, since they do a curbside pickup during these times.

I don’t know if Dicks is doing curbside. So far I’m good for pellets. Getting a 123a beef plate ribs on Monday. Special order from my butcher.

Lowe's close to us carries the Pitboss competition blend. 14.00 for a 40lb bag. Friend of mine with a RT says they are great. Picked up 2 bags yesterday.

I like the rec tec ultimate blend. i would try lumberjack, but cant get them delivered.

I like the rec tec ultimate blend. i would try lumberjack, but cant get them delivered.

Lumberjack makes the Cabela’s pellets that come in 6 varieties and if I remember correctly they have a couple of Utah locations. I just ordered 160 lbs with free shipping from Cabela’s and they are only $9.99 for the 20 lb bags.

Lumberjack makes the Cabela’s pellets that come in 6 varieties and if I remember correctly they have a couple of Utah locations. I just ordered 160 lbs with free shipping from Cabela’s and they are only $9.99 for the 20 lb bags.
I think lumberjack and rec tec are very similar. Both quality pellets.

Lowe's close to us carries the Pitboss competition blend. 14.00 for a 40lb bag. Friend of mine with a RT says they are great. Picked up 2 bags yesterday.
I would second this. I buy them from the local Walmart for a similar price. I tried some lumberjack pellets and didn't see enough (if any) difference to spend the extra money.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back