charlesrshell

Pellet Grill Rookie
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
How is everyone storing the power cord? Has anyone installed a hanger something like this one?

Cord Hanger.jpg

@charlesrshell I like your setup.

Right now I just have my power cord draped over the side shelf when I'm not use my Rec Tec RT-700.

I've seen several people mount a retractable power cord reel to their Rec Tec's and it looks great. I'd probably do the same thing if it wasn't for the fact I have several power outlets all over my back deck so my pellet grill is never far from an outlet.

I never unplug, do cover it most of the time but it stays plugged in all the time.
You are far braver than I.

This thing is no different than any other Internet of Things device and I simply don't trust them to leave them plugged in 24/7.

Attachments

• BF2C6198-F510-4E83-878E-74BEA61BD018.jpeg
    BF2C6198-F510-4E83-878E-74BEA61BD018.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
I usually just put the cord on the lower shelf on the standard cart when unplugged, then put cover over grill.

This thing is no different than any other Internet of Things device and I simply don't trust them to leave them plugged in 24/7.

Thats fair but do you unplug all devices that are internet capable when they are not being used? Its fair simplier to compromise a computer than these. I have scaned and poked at it myself. Their isnt much open and it doesnt ineherently repsond to much. Doesnt mean there will never be a vulnerabilty but there are 100's of millions far easier targets. I have aprx 75 ip's active at any given time. I also monitor my network to a paranoid level so there is that :).

I ran an extension cord under my deck and into a waterproof electric box I mounted to the deck. Then I plug it in inside the box so it stays dry and feel comfortable leaving it plugged in all the time.

I just wait until the grill has completely cooled and drape my cord between the lid of the hopper and the grill all the way across the grill. It won't get hung on anything like that.

I unplug the extension cord from the outdoor socket on the wall, but I leave my 680 plugged into the extension cord with any excess coiled on the bottom shelf of the cart. My controller doesn't connect to the Internet, it's just what I've always done.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back