Bullseye Rate my new grill.

JoeyJJohnson

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bullseye
Hey everyone,

I was thrilled to get my new Bullseye Deluxe yesterday. However, the caulk job in the hopper isn't great and there are weld marks in the firepit. I wasn't sure if that's normal so I attached some pictures and reached out to customer support for help.

They offered to send a new fire pit and hopper, replace it, or allow me to return it because they said this wasn't normal at all. But then someone else emailed me and said that it was totally fine and wouldn't impact performance.

Should I return it or is this nothing to worry about and just get to grilling? It's a big investment and I want to feel great about owning this.

Thanks!

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

Honestly looks pretty similar to what mine looks like. I remember the caulk looking not so great, but seems to work fine.

The caulk is cosmetic but if those welds have burned through I’d be concerned. I wouldn’t want to run that thing on riot mode with holes in the fire pot. If they look like they are burned through send it back and get another one.
It took me three tries to get my Bullseye right. It was worth the wait.

Holy quality control right there 🙄

Mine definitely did not look like that.

Looks to me like you have cleared the cosmetics hurdle; congrats. Now, it is time to start cooking and eating well. Good luck. And, welcome to a great forum with a lot of knowledgeable and friendly folks on it.

I'm two cooks in. Glad I didn't sweat the cosmetics as this thing is amazing. Recteq has excellent support and offered to replace parts or the entire grill. Whatever I wanted to make it right. Overall, I LOVE my bullseye!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back