Stampede Rec Tec Grill Device off line

Hi All I have one more question regarding WiFi..When I leave my house how does the Rec Tec WiFi App stay connected? Is it from the cloud whatever that is. :unsure:
Thanks Again for your help & fast replies
Dan
PS The App is still connected.?

Hi All I have one more question regarding WiFi..When I leave my house how does the Rec Tec WiFi App stay connected? Is it from the cloud whatever that is. :unsure:
Thanks Again for your help & fast replies
Dan
PS The App is still connected.?
The grill is connects to your homes wifi signal even when your phone is right next to the grill. These grills use wifi not bluetooth. When you leave the home your phone connects to whatever signal it can find, wifi 3g 4g ect and will find the grill if it's plugged in and has your homes wifi signal. Basically you could be across on the other side of the country and control your grill.

Last edited:
Morning MT59
Don't you sleep? :) So "IT" finds any Wifi signal it can find.
I have a of cooking to do.My order for 280 lbs of pellets is coming tomorrow.:oops:
Thanks Dans

HI Did the update for Andriod come out yet. I have version 1.5.4 when I check for updates it said none needed?
Dan

Morning MT59
Don't you sleep? :) So "IT" finds any Wifi signal it can find.
I have a of cooking to do.My order for 280 lbs of pellets is coming tomorrow.:oops:
Thanks Dans
Sleep I get my 4 or 5 hours a day, you sleep enough when you're dead. LOL?
The grill is only going to hook to the last wifi signal you synced it to. Imagine this your grill is at your home wifi connected working great. Drag the grill across town to a friends house the wifi will only work if you sync to your friends house wifi. When back home you would have to resync to your homes wifi signal again. Now if your using your phone as a hot spot, thats a whole different senrnero. Hope this makes sense.

HI Did the update for Andriod come out yet. I have version 1.5.4 when I check for updates it said none needed?
Dan
I guess you still have to be a RecTec beta tester on android. IOS just came out I'm sure the update for android non beta testers will be out soon. It will be version 1.6.0(270)

No Hot spot. Yesterday I took the App for ride and it worked perfectly. Stupid question if I unplug the grill, when i plug IT back in will I still be connected?
What brand pellets do u use.
Thanks Dan

No Hot spot. Yesterday I took the App for ride and it worked perfectly. Stupid question if I unplug the grill, when i plug IT back in will I still be connected?
What brand pellets do u use.
Thanks Dan
My grill is 90% allways unplugged and it never had a issue reconnecting to the homes wifi signal when plugged back in.
As far as pellets the grill came with 5 bags of RecTec Ultimate blend pellets and one of Cooking pellets hickory, I've used a couple bags of the RecTecs but not the Cooking pellets yet. I broke the grill in using Pit Boss Competition blend from Lowes, just because I'm cheap and really liked them, under $15 for 40 pounds it's hard to beat. I have also used several different flavors of Pit Boss general shipped in from Walmart. Quite frankly I really can't tell much difference unless I'm using mesquite or hickory. I have a bag of Lumber Jack Competition blend I need to try also.

I have an order for 280 lbs Cooking pellets coming in. Yeah I saw Pit Boss at Lowe's great price!
Do you have a Facebook page?
Thanks Dan

I have an order for 280 lbs Cooking pellets coming in. Yeah I saw Pit Boss at Lowe's great price!
Do you have a Facebook page?
Thanks Dan
I'm on facebook but only for the groups and marketplace. I've seen you over there too, Dan B. From NJ??

Hi All It is now official. The 590 is a keeper, the shipping box went to the reclying center.:)
Thanks guys for replies & idea's
Dan
PS We can now put this baby to bed. (y)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewDualfire1200
Back