Bull RecTeq vs next

Cool read, thank you (y)

I would like to hear from others and get your thoughts.
I came across this.
I don’t know much about Steven Raichlen.
Has anyone used a Pitts n Spitts?
I’m still waiting on my Bull to get here, so I have not had hands on with the Bull yet.

Attachments

• 1B78BBC6-05EC-4F55-B7A5-94A6A618A760.jpeg
    1B78BBC6-05EC-4F55-B7A5-94A6A618A760.jpeg
    321.7 KB · Views: 119
  • C722D9B5-C596-427E-84FA-4063D45A51E3.jpeg
    C722D9B5-C596-427E-84FA-4063D45A51E3.jpeg
    261.9 KB · Views: 115
I would like to hear from others and get your thoughts.
I came across this.
I don’t know much about Steven Raichlen.
Has anyone used a Pitts n Spitts?
I’m still waiting on my Bull to get here, so I have not had hands on with the Bull yet.
that guy hasn't even tried the 700,,, so his opinion is useless...

When I was looking at grills the Pitts and Spitts was at the top of my list. I reached out to a guy who had posted cooks on YouTube using both the Pitts and the RT 700 and asked him for his opinion. He gave me a fairly detailed comparison and recommended the 700. I haven’t looked back and have no regrets. That’s not to say he knocked the Pitts and Spitts, he just thought the RT was better.

I like Steven Raichlen for his cooking knowledge, I have at least three of his cookbooks, but I believe he promotes whoever is cutting him a check at the time. He used to promote Memphis Grills on his Project Smoke show, and to me they look like one of the finest pellet grills made. Watch this video on the P&S and look at the build quality, even the packaging quality. I can’t believe you can wrap a grill in layers of plastic wrap and survive freight shipping, no matter how many warning stickers that damage clams will be expensive.

Unpacking Video

I don't really see any build quality differences between P&S vs RT, only extra features like the shelves and the pellet "drain".
I researched the S out of smokers before I bought the 590 and my list was RT590, YoderYS640 and a GMG JIM BOWIE. Briefly looked at Alphagrills Silverbac when they opened in Dallas but it came down to the RT 590 and YS640.

YS640 optioned the way I would have wanted it came to $2700 at the time. My options on the 590 only took me to $980ish on Black Friday. I don't believe the YS cooks any better than my 590 nor do I believe the P&S would make an appreciable or discernable difference equal to the price difference over the 590

It is difficult to compare "apples for apples" on a lot of cookers. Some have a front shelf , some don't, some have wifi, some don't but all the others (not Rec Teq) do not include shipping in their price it's always additional adding $250-$300 to the cost. YS is a nice smoker but I can almost get 2 Rec Teq's for their total price. To me that extra cost is huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back