Ribs: Everything you need to know

Thanks! I love ribs. Going to cook some St. Louis style pork ribs Wednesday, going with beef plate ribs for the NASCAR Cup championship this weekend.

Thanks for the post, Greg. I watched it all the way through and I'm going to watch it again and take notes. I learned quite a bit and want to put it into practice.

Thanks! I love ribs. Going to cook some St. Louis style pork ribs Wednesday, going with beef plate ribs for the NASCAR Cup championship this weekend.
So, @Greg Jones, who will win the Cup series championship tomorrow? I’m betting on Kyle Larson if he doesn’t get wrecked. :unsure:

I’m thinking you have picked a good horse. Hendrick for sure for the win. regardless of who one’s favorite is this year, the Hendrick teams have all been awesome. Keep the Hedrick drivers at home in the off-season (Elliot) and they have a definite advantage for 2024. And frankly, I only root for the Hendrick’s organization because as an origination they are awesome. Total class drivers and management. But my loyalty is with the Blue Oval. Blaney for the race win!

@Jim6820 as a FYI, the wife and I have been on the Phoenix track. My wife is the Dean of Master’s Education program for a university headquartered in Chandler, AZ. Pre-Covid, she used to fly out there 4-6 times a year. I’d go with her for a week during her December visit, and they have a Christmas special after dark at the track. You actually drive around the track and on pit road as the experience, looking at all the Christmas decorations! My wife was driving the rental car, so I had to be the passenger. Very cool experience!

IMG_1687.jpeg

Last edited:
@Jim6820 as a FYI, the wife and I have been on the Phoenix track. My wife is the Dean of Master’s Education program for a university headquartered in Chandler, AZ. Pre-Covid, she used to fly out there 4-6 times a year. I’d go with her for a week during her December visit, and they have a Christmas special after dark at the track. You actually drive around the track and on pit road as the experience, looking at all the Christmas decorations! My wife was driving the rental car, so I had to be the passenger. Very cool experience!

View attachment 20499
We have also been to the track. We used to live in Scottsdale and attended both IndyCar and NASCAR races there. One time, at an IndyCar race,we had front-row seats right at the start-finish line. Never again! We were too close to the track to see anything but colored blurs going by on the front straight and not high enough up to get a decent look at the back straight or the corners.

Right about where you are sitting in the photo, we watched one of the Unser brothers (I think it was Al) go airborne in an IndyCar and land upside down. Fortunately, he was not seriously injured.

I gave up on NASCAR years ago, not been the same since Gordon left "among others" and of course all the rules changes and way they started doing things........quite a bummer as I was always an avid fan and went to a few races.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back