Ribs for the neighbors day - full Spares

Roaniecowpony

Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
I was thinking I need to make nice with some neighbors and give them some ribs. So I headed to Sam's Club to see what they had. (The adjacent Costco was packed)

I found Babybacks for over $5/lb and about the same for St Louis cut. But the full spare ribs were $2.28/lb. So, that's what we're smoking. I bought 2 cryopaks with 2 racks per. I'm running them a little hot at 275F to catch them up for about dinner time. Since some of the neighbors are Asian, I figured I'd spritz with teriaki sauce or at least a watered down teri sauce.

I've never like doing the cutting up of full spares and I only have done full spares on rare occasion. I'm considering just giving them to the neighbors as whole racks, uncut. What do you think?

I made a teriyaki glaze to finish them. Soy, sugar, ginger, mirin, garlic, then thickened a bit with cornstarch. They are "wrapped" in a full restaurant tray and will go until tender. Then I'll glaze them, I hope in time to get those neighbors something for dinner. I'm looking forward to trying some myself, since I've never done a teri glazed rib. I've had restaurant teri ribs before, but never made my own. So this will be different. Hopefully, they turn out well enough the neighbors like them.

Here's the goods. 4 neighbors got some.
20211003_171457.jpg

Those look GREAT! I know the neighbors will LOVE them. I wish I was your neighbor.

I finally tried some after all the happy hour crowd was gone. Wow! I had seasoned with my usual savory rub then spritzed with a thin teri sauce, then glazed at the end with a thick teri sauce. It had the "layers" of flavors. Wowza! Maybe a competition winner. But it made a hell of a mess of the 700 with that sugary glaze.

look awesome!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alan Hollister
Back