Bull RT 700 Bull Aftermarket cover

Threadcutter

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Has anyone found a decent aftermarket cover for the 700/Bull that fits well ?

I'm not wild about the overpriced (and what appears to be cheesy) RecTeq cover.

TIA :)

Hi Sherpa !

Thanks very much for this !

It doesn't appear to have fabric/layout for the chimney/exhaust on the right side. If true, is this a problem in terms of putting the cover on/getting it off ?
Nope, not at all. Start on the chimney side and start working your way to the other end. Go in reverse when taking it off.

From the complaints I've read about rusting and paint I think I'd shy any covers. maybe just someting to cover the ares where the top of the lid overlaps to keep rainwater out. The pellet bin cover seems to keep moisture out quite well. JMHO.

Thanks Stonebreaker ! :)

Apologies, I should have added this little detail.....My grill is presently outside on the deck right now, under a large overhanging roof. It's really only there temporarily for a guest visit in a few days.

Yeah, I've got too much invested in it and accessories to leave it out in the Pacific North West elements.

Yes, we do get quite a bit of rain. When the guests leave, I will be putting it back in the garage where I normally store it. During the winter, I will roll the grill just outside of the garage where there is a small overhanging roof to keep the rain off of it while cooking.

My primary intent with the cover is to keep dust and other crap off of it while it's in garage storage. I just don't want to buy cheap (or overpriced) junk and have to replace it in a year or two.

Unicook Heavy Duty Waterproof... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VG12YXS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Been using this for just over two years now. Good price compared to OEM options.

I quit buying the brand specific covers. They may be better fitted, but the ones I’ve got fell apart after a couple years in the sun.
I do like unicook covers. I bought one for the Matador, which Recteq never made a cover for, and its good quality. But like any cover thats "universal" and not form fitted, you might need some connecting bungee cords to get a tighter fit

Has anyone found a decent aftermarket cover for the 700/Bull that fits well ?

I'm not wild about the overpriced (and what appears to be cheesy) RecTeq cover.

TIA :)
They are cheesy. Had mine for a year & the stitches are falling apart.

So, I finally bit the bullet and bought this;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G2VRY54?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Chinesium, but seems well made. Has a "pocket" for the exhaust/smokestack, which was one of the things I was looking for. Also has a zipper on the right front, which is nice. It isn't a tailor fit, but that wasn't something I was interested in.

Glad I went this route. Close to $90.00 for the Recteq is kinda ridiculous.

Thanks guys for all your feedback/suggestions. :)

So, I finally bit the bullet and bought this;

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09G2VRY54?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Chinesium, but seems well made. Has a "pocket" for the exhaust/smokestack, which was one of the things I was looking for. Also has a zipper on the right front, which is nice. It isn't a tailor fit, but that wasn't something I was interested in.

Glad I went this route. Close to $90.00 for the Recteq is kinda ridiculous.

Thanks guys for all your feedback/suggestions. :)
Looks nice! Please let us know about the fit.

Looks nice! Please let us know about the fit.
It's loose, which is good in my case. Easier to put on/take off. Like I said above, it's not a tailored fit, which I like.

Big Kahuna smoke generator and hanging grease pot on the right side, iPhone/cradle on top of the left shelf and BBQ tools hanging from the shelf hooks. It fits around/over everything.

I'll post up some pics in the morning.

It's loose, which is good in my case. Easier to put on/take off. Like I said above, it's not a tailored fit, which I like.

Big Kahuna smoke generator and hanging grease pot on the right side, iPhone/cradle on top of the left shelf and BBQ tools hanging from the shelf hooks. It fits around/over everything.

Thanks @Threadcutter

Unicook Heavy Duty Waterproof... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00VG12YXS?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Been using this for just over two years now. Good price compared to OEM options.

I quit buying the brand specific covers. They may be better fitted, but the ones I’ve got fell apart after a couple years in the sun.
I have this same cover, but still sitting in it's packaging in the garage. My original Bull RT-700 cover is still in good enough shape at the moment.

It's loose, which is good in my case. Easier to put on/take off. And, I like the (orange) pull straps on top. Like I said above, it's not a tailored fit, which I like.

Pics, as promised.

75107626-638D-44DC-8016-74DD676278D5.jpeg
0AFDD9DF-090F-44CF-B186-FE9527152D2F.jpeg

Again, it's loose and I suppose, it doesn't cover all the way to the bottom. As I said before, the grill will reside inside of my garage 95% of the time. I just want to keep dust and loose crap off of it and the wife from depositing garden stuff on top of it.

I like it. Perfect for everyone's needs ? Probably not. But, with the $8.00 off coupon, it was about $38.00 (including tax) delivered. I've never seen a Recteq in person, but I have the impression that the one I bought is of much better quality.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back