Bull RT 700 Bull

statenbj

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Wish the 700 bull would come up with a way to separate/divide pellet hopper so you can switch between two different types of pellet. It seems if I fill up hopper and want to switch to another type of pellet- I have to wait till the hopper is empty. How do others handle this issue?

Shop vac out ashes in firepot, clean shop vac, dip out all the pellets you can and vac the rest out. Then run the auger in test mode to empty it and vac those out of the firepot. Refill and run the auger again to refill it. Simple!!

Shop vac out ashes in firepot, clean shop vac, dip out all the pellets you can and vac the rest out. Then run the auger in test mode to empty it and vac those out of the firepot. Refill and run the auger again to refill it. Simple!!
Thanks

After almost five years in now and being "anal" like about my smoke flavors, this is what I do today. First, I have discovered that it is not necessary to be in "anal" mode about the pellet flavors all the time. I don't fill the 40lb hopper up full every time, just enough to cover the current cook with maybe a little extra. Experience tells me how much it will take, and half full is usually more than enough for several midweek cooks. If I have a brisket cook to do with say hickory from my last butt cook still in the hopper, I pull the hickory up and fill with mesquite towards the bottom. I'll do this on both sides of the divider. This way, during the brisket smoke period, (before wrapping) it will see the mesquite smoke. Remember I am not trying to fight a full hopper to do this. I often will mix the two flavors as well because the mesquite is still the dominant flavor. I can't tell the difference when I do. TBH, I have found the supreme blends to be just as good as single flavor pellets, but I still want 100% hickory for my pork and mesquite for by beef. Chicken is good with pecan or apple or a mix of the two or a supreme blend.

If you want to still empty the hopper, a shop vac with long large diameter hose dedicated to pellets is the way to go. It will take a minute or less to drain a full hopper. These HD bucket vacs are a joke. I do use one on my Bullseye though just to justify the wasted money spent on it. It will work okay for that small choir.

After almost five years in now and being "anal" like about my smoke flavors, this is what I do today. First, I have discovered that it is not necessary to be in "anal" mode about the pellet flavors all the time. I don't fill the 40lb hopper up full every time, just enough to cover the current cook with maybe a little extra. Experience tells me how much it will take, and half full is usually more than enough for several midweek cooks. If I have a brisket cook to do with say hickory from my last butt cook still in the hopper, I pull the hickory up and fill with mesquite towards the bottom. I'll do this on both sides of the divider. This way, during the brisket smoke period, (before wrapping) it will see the mesquite smoke. Remember I am not trying to fight a full hopper to do this. I often will mix the two flavors as well because the mesquite is still the dominant flavor. I can't tell the difference when I do. TBH, I have found the supreme blends to be just as good as single flavor pellets, but I still want 100% hickory for my pork and mesquite for by beef. Chicken is good with pecan or apple or a mix of the two or a supreme blend.

If you want to still empty the hopper, a shop vac with long large diameter hose dedicated to pellets is the way to go. It will take a minute or less to drain a full hopper. These HD bucket vacs are a joke. I do use one on my Bullseye though just to justify the wasted money spent on it. It will work okay for that small choir.
Have you tried LJ Maple?

Welcome to the Forum
Yeah, as others have mentioned, the Bucket Head drops them right back into your Storage Bucket

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back