BFG Sear plates

Grill(s) owned
  1. BFG
Can I use the sear plates on the top grate of the BFG? Will it work as well as putting then the bottom grate?

IMG_2621.jpeg

IMG_2537.jpeg

Can you use them on the top grate-of course. Will they work as well as putting them on the lower grate-no. Looks like you have a seat grate-give it a try both ways and let us know what you find out.

i’d suspect that the grill grates on a BFG would have a hard time getting hot enough for a good sear on any of the grates, but I certainly could be wrong. I expect you would really benefit from a different grill to get a great sear, like the Bullseye or a gas or charcoal grill.

I get a really good sear with the sear plates on the bottom grate. I will try it on the upper just to see what I get. I will post later on that.

Has anyone used cast iron grill pans or griddles? I wonder if those would achieve the same results?

Has anyone used cast iron grill pans or griddles? I wonder if those would achieve the same results?
Yes and yes! A hot cast iron pan works great, and always has! One that I have even has ridges on the bottom to simulate grill marks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back