Stampede Second Cook: Durty Girl Recs Mix WOW

BBQ-Pitz

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Was tinkering around in the garage yesterday preparing for our cookout on Saturday. The weather here was projected to be pretty crappy so I needed to make some room in the garage for company. While cleaning, my mind was like a 12 year olds who saw his first pin up poster only my mind kept wander to the photos of the Durty Gurl Recs Mix. I just had to have it. My wife went to the store to pick up the rest of our grocery list so I asked her to get the ingredients i needed to mix up a batch.

I had been having some problems getting the wireless to connect during my first run so when I fired up Miss Pitz again, I decided to see if I could get it to connect. This time it went through without a hitch so I was pretty happy about that.

The recipe says to preheat to 250 but we were on a tight time schedule to get things done so I went ahead and put the mix on the cooker at about 220 and let her go. Went out and cut the grass and every thirty minutes I stopped to stir. Let it run for about an hour and 15 minutes and had to pull it off a bit early due to dinner plans. Let it sit in the pan to cool for a bit while I jumped in the shower for dinner. As we were getting ready to leave, I had to have some...had to!

Oh. My. Lord!

That stuff is so good. Perfect blend of spices and heat with some awesome smoke flavor. Have an idea for some additional ingredients to add next time. Absolutely love it and there is no doubt this will become a regular snack staple in our house.

durty gurl recs mix resized.jpg

Last edited:
Durty Gurl is great on chicken thighs too...it is good stuff!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back