Shelf is out of stock for the 700 so, I made Ribs !!

Buckeye smoker

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Tried to order a shelf for my Bull but they're out of stock. I'll try again maybe Tues. (Should've ordered it a year ago) in the meantime RIBS !!
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200418200741947_COVER.jpg
IMG_20200418_201254.jpg

The shelf is worth waiting for...thank goodness it doesn't keep you from cooking. They look great!

The shelf is worth waiting for...thank goodness it doesn't keep you from cooking. They look great!
I sorta thought, as Helpful as the shelf is, it's a bit of a design flaw because you can't use the towel ring below. I like the look of the horns and a towel ring but with the shelf you don't get that overall look and you can't use the towel ring.

Tried to order a shelf for my Bull but they're out of stock. I'll try again maybe Tues. (Should've ordered it a year ago) in the meantime RIBS !!View attachment 2956View attachment 2957
Tried to order a shelf for my Bull but they're out of stock. I'll try again maybe Tues. (Should've ordered it a year ago) in the meantime RIBS !!View attachment 2956View attachment 2957
First of all, the shelf is a great thing. You'll get it soon. Secondly, those are amazing looking ribs with a great looking dinner. Third and most amazing is the moving of the ring to the edge of the shelf. I was always unhappy that the ring was covered by the shelf then I saw your pic. BINGO. Moving it today. Did you just drill thought the shelf and use same screw that holds the ring? Great post!

First of all, the shelf is a great thing. You'll get it soon. Secondly, those are amazing looking ribs with a great looking dinner. Third and most amazing is the moving of the ring to the edge of the shelf. I was always unhappy that the ring was covered by the shelf then I saw your pic. BINGO. Moving it today. Did you just drill thought the shelf and use same screw that holds the ring? Great post!

I'll be moving mine too...don't know we didn't think about it sooner!

I didn't do this yet, but yes you can just remove the ring from the inside and do your measuring and placement etc...I think it looks good too and doesn't "waste" the Bull Ring.

I didn't do this yet, but yes you can just remove the ring from the inside and do your measuring and placement etc...I think it looks good too and doesn't "waste" the Bull Ring.
Ready to do it but have a pastrami on the smoker. Will get into the machine when the smoke is done. It’s a great look.

Like others I do not think a lack of the shelf is hurting you at all. Ribs look great.
Also I love this forum for all of the information sharing. I will be moving the ring as soon as the rain stops.

Like others I do not think a lack of the shelf is hurting you at all. Ribs look great.
Also I love this forum for all of the information sharing. I will be moving the ring as soon as the rain stops.
Ribs would be better with a shelf. ??

Thx Buckeye, I had not thought of moving it, but now I have a project for today!

Here's a CPL more... Also, with the inner and outer shelves still being out of stock, maybe it's the perfect time for RecTec to switch to an American supplier...
FB_IMG_1587816604590.jpg
FB_IMG_1587816356645.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back