Stampede Shop vac

I just bought a $29 Stinger shop vac at Lowe’s.

It’s a bit klutzy because I have to tote it around (no wheels, not very tall), but it gets the job done—and best of all, it’s cheap!

BTW, I found I get a LOT less ash with the Rec Teq pellets than I do with Traeger (those are the only two brands I’ve tried so far, as I’m still a newbie).

I suppose this will set off a debate as do so many other topics but I’m considering buying a small shop vac to clean out my 590. I know the ashes have to be cold but I never clean mine out until at least the next day so that won’t be a problem. I know there are ash vacuums specifically for that purpose but those are mostly for fireplaces and overkill for what I want. Anyone have problems using a shop vac for the ashes?
I bet I’m not in the majority here. I have the Bull and smoke a ton on it. I clean mine out with a 4” paintbrush. I just take out all the grates and swipe the paintbrush around moving everything to one end. I end up with a pile of dust. Then I glove up and scoop it out, tossing it over my deck down over my grass. It works really well. Bull looks great, grass seems happy.

I use the same Rigid Mike does and the best part it has a lifetime warranty like their tools!

I suppose this will set off a debate as do so many other topics but I’m considering buying a small shop vac to clean out my 590. I know the ashes have to be cold but I never clean mine out until at least the next day so that won’t be a problem. I know there are ash vacuums specifically for that purpose but those are mostly for fireplaces and overkill for what I want. Anyone have problems using a shop vac for the ashes?
I’ve been using a little whisk broom and dust pan between cooks. It’s simple and works well enough. If the fire pot needs cleaning, I just carefully scoop out the ash with a spoon.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gymanji
Back