Smash burgers?

Brettk

I’m trying to get back in the pellet grill game, I currently own a pit boss 820 and it’s trash.

I’ve had a hard on lately for smash burgers. The only thing that’s keeping me from buying a rectec is if I can get a good mailard effect crust on a smash burger with a flat top griddle accessory. With that in mind I’ve been looking at the camp chef woodwind with the sidekick attachment for smash burgers and searing, but I still keep coming back to the rectec.

I’ve seen some videos of people making smash burgers with a pellet grill but they were using the sear plates with holes in them. Does anyone have any experience making a proper smash burger with a griddle on a pellet grill?

Thanks

I have the big griddle accessory, but haven't done smash burgers. I would think it would be much like putting a cast iron skillet in the oven and preheating.

I'm very happy with Grill Grates on my Bull...

I like my Grill Grates so much I bought a fourth for more space.
Has anyone tried the Grill Grates Griddle for smash burgers?? Did it work well??

That’s actually the video I was talking about. Those holes in the grate isn’t the proper way to make a smash burger, you need a flat top griddle. But based on that video I’m sure it would work fine, just seeing if anyone had made any.

Gotcha - I think a griddle with no holes would work even better than the flat side of the grill grates.

I have a Little Griddle that I put on my gas grill and it works wonders. I've had it for many years now and it's great for smash burgers, bacon, sammies and such. It's easy to clean and over time gets a nice season to it. Highly recommend it.
20200330_193149.jpg

After mulling this thread, I made smash burgers for supper. Grill grates did really good, but a griddle or similar would work better, I think. Crust on the burger was absolutely wonderful, but would have been a little easier to turn without the holes.

I’m trying to get back in the pellet grill game, I currently own a pit boss 820 and it’s trash.

I’ve had a hard on lately for smash burgers. The only thing that’s keeping me from buying a rectec is if I can get a good mailard effect crust on a smash burger with a flat top griddle accessory. With that in mind I’ve been looking at the camp chef woodwind with the sidekick attachment for smash burgers and searing, but I still keep coming back to the rectec.

I’ve seen some videos of people making smash burgers with a pellet grill but they were using the sear plates with holes in them. Does anyone have any experience making a proper smash burger with a griddle on a pellet grill?

Thanks

Thanks
GRILL GRATES- amazing burgers and steaks. Never cooked better.
I was skeptical but grill grates are Incredible.
Buy ‘em

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srbbates
Back