Smoke deflector

Gondorr

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Not sure if that’s what it would be called or not. I have a RT680 and was wondering if there are any aftermarket or good ideas of making something to put over the stack opening inside and extend down closer to grate to retain smoke longer.
Any info be greatly appreciated. Sorry if maybe was already covered at sometime. Very first post.

I don't have one of those, but I have a couple deflectors that curl the Smoke from the outer edge over the top of the meat. I could not see/taste a difference.

I think a pellet grill has enough air circulation because of the fan.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but @chadinsc posted this a while back.
This is the only one I've known of. I decided not to pull the trigger on it b/c I heard mixed results of this.

Though I have the 700, I lots of time use a rack to put the meat at the same level of the chimney output....

If you end goal is to get more "smoke" flavor which I would imagine is your goal, one tip I would give you is use a smoke tube however in the tube, use pellets and wood chips mixed together. This has been a game changer for me.

I also have the smokedaddy magnum PIG cold smoker added to my Bull but using a smoke tube with wood chips has produced just as good of results as the cold smoker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brockb961
Back