Smoked chicken breast

tpack

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
This was my first time smoking any chicken. I usually just grill boneless skinless breast. I brined these bone in chicken breast with skin on for 5 hours, rinsed brine off and patted dry, placed back in fridge for 2 more hours to air dry. I seasoned and placed on 180° smoker for 2 hours till internal temp of 150ish. I cranked up smoker to 250 and put BBQ glaze on said chicken till an internal temp of 165°. I let them rest for about 30 minutes and sliced and ate. They really turned out moist and juicy for chicken breast.
IMG_1421.JPG
IMG_1424.JPG

We do a lot of boneless skinless chicken too. Looks great generally chicken with skin needs higher temperatures for the skin to come out not rubbery.

We do a lot of boneless skinless chicken too. Looks great generally chicken with skin needs higher temperatures for the skin to come out not rubbery.

I had my concerns about the skin as well, but the fat in the skin rendered really well and when I sliced the breast you couldn`t even tell there was a skin on the breast. I think that getting the meat really dry with paper towels and letting them air dry on a rack in the fridge for a couple of hours helped.

I had my concerns about the skin as well, but the fat in the skin rendered really well and when I sliced the breast you couldn`t even tell there was a skin on the breast. I think that getting the meat really dry with paper towels and letting them air dry on a rack in the fridge for a couple of hours helped.
It could have been because the skin is only on one side instead of a chicken wing that's all the way around.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wadefarm
Back