Jim6820

Crazy Ol’ Basque
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Marinated Pork Tenderloin smoked on the RT-340

Marinate the pork tenderloin(s) in the refrigerator for at least four hours (preferably overnight). See my marinade recipe below or use your own favorite. Use a large Zip-Loc bag for marinating and, after putting the tenderloins and marinade in, squeeze as much air out as possible. Turn them over a couple of times during the marinating period to equalize the exposure to marinade.

Put the tenderloins on the grill at 180-200F for about 1.5 hours to get a bit of smoke, then raise the grill temp to 250-275F for the final hour or so. Even though approximate cook times are provided, don’t cook pork tenderloins by time; they are relatively thin and need to be monitored for internal temperature near the end of the cook to avoid being overdone and dry.

Pull the tenderloins at an internal temp of 140-142F in the thickest part and rest (wrapped in a towel) in an insulated cooler for about 30 minutes before slicing. Total cook time (not including rest time) is usually about 2.5 hours.

Slice on the bias across the grain about 1/4 inch thick for maximum tenderness.

IMG_2741.jpeg

Note: I monitor my pork tenderloin internal temperature with a TW Signals unit and “needle” probes. The slim needle probes are perfect for use on thinner cuts.

Pork Tenderloin Marinade (enough for two tenderloins)
  • ¼ cup Extra Virgin olive oil
  • 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
  • 2 Tbsp honey (mild and runny preferred)
  • 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard either smooth or whole-grain, or a mix of both
  • 1 Tbsp brown sugar
  • 1 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh or bottled (either is fine)
  • 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 2-3 cloves finely minced garlic
  • ½ tsp coarse sea salt
  • ground black pepper to taste (I usually use about 2 tsp)
Stir all ingredients together and let rest for 15-20 minutes. Stir briskly again just before using.

Last edited:
Looks great! I’m cooking a loin tomorrow. May have to try that marinade.

Looks great! I’m cooking a loin tomorrow. May have to try that marinade.
If you are cooking a “loin” rather than a “tenderloin,” I think you might want to do an overnight marination. I’d be interested in your experience if you do marinate a full loin.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back