Smoked Tuna Steaks

Hillybilly

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Hello everyone, New to the Rec Tec team/form and recently purchased a RT700 and absolutely love it. Caught some yellowfin tuna over the weekend and was wondering if anyone had a recipe to share or could provide some pointers on how to smoke the meat. Thanks!

He might also be from Orange County. They have been catching them off the coast from Doheny. 2 weeks ago I was in Maui and some friends caught their limit (18 each) in their first hour and spent the rest of the time having fun. I didn’t realize off the coast of Maui they are not allowed to cook on the fishing boats (at least that’s what the Captain told us). Some sort of wildlife preservation thing. You are also not supposed to deposit anything in the water, including the guts from cleaning your fish. I was off the coast of Oahu just before Covid hit and they didn’t enforce the same rules. Nothing worse than having fresh tuna and not being able to prepare it onboard while it is still flopping around.

Hello Everyone, Smoked my first brisket yesterday. All in all, it turned out pretty good, but the rub I used was a heavy pepper rub. I was looking for a little more of a BBQ sweet taste, anyone have a favorite recipe they would like to share. Thank you!

Welcome to the Forum, Hillbilly
When it comes to Smoking Fish:
We've always marinated them in Milk overnight first .... this will leach-out any Ammonia in the Meat
We then coat the Fish with melted Butter, and smoke at 250 for an hour to an hour and a half, until they gets to 130 internal or they become soft and flaky

Brisket:
We only use hand ground Dehydrated Garlic and Onion, ground Pepper and Sea Salt .... no Sauces
This way each person can use (or not use) whatever Sauce they like on their Meat
I like a nice Horseradish based Sauce on my Beef

Welcome to the Forum, Hillbilly
When it comes to Smoking Fish:
We've always marinated them in Milk overnight first .... this will leach-out any Ammonia in the Meat
We then coat the Fish with melted Butter, and smoke at 250 for an hour to an hour and a half, until they gets to 130 internal or they become soft and flaky

Brisket:
We only use hand ground Dehydrated Garlic and Onion, ground Pepper and Sea Salt .... no Sauces
This way each person can use (or not use) whatever Sauce they like on their Meat
I like a nice Horseradish based Sauce on my Beef
Greatly appreciated. I will have to give them a try. Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back