SmokeFire Returned, Back to RecTec

SmokeMeister

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Had my SmokeFire EX6 for a couple weeks and just returned it. Weber's customer service was willing to work with me to get it fixed, but I decided that even if it was working, it wasn't really what was promised, at least not yet. I was looking at the RT700 when the SmokeFire was announced, so now here I am back where I was 5-6 months ago.

So hello! Looking forward to joining the RecTec family!

I refused delivery of the EX4 after all the horrible reviews from users. I ordered the Original choice from Rec Tec and my Bull will be delivered Thursday- it will be first pellet grill/smoker

Had my SmokeFire EX6 for a couple weeks and just returned it. Weber's customer service was willing to work with me to get it fixed, but I decided that even if it was working, it wasn't really what was promised, at least not yet. I was looking at the RT700 when the SmokeFire was announced, so now here I am back where I was 5-6 months ago.

So hello! Looking forward to joining the RecTec family!
Hey Brotherman! Glad you are here! Mine will be here a week from today. I can't wait! Weil, I will, but I won't like it!

I'm just glad that I got wind of the SmokeFire issues before I pulled the trigger. So happy that my bull is on the way, as I type. Will be at my house next week!

Well, it's official now, I just placed my order! Super excited to have something that is high quality and will be reliable. I don't want to spend hours messing with something at 2AM in 30 degree weather like I did last Sunday on my SmokeFire.

Almost a Smokefire victim. Glad I waited now. My Bull will be here next week!

Almost a Smokefire victim. Glad I waited now. My Bull will be here next week!
Just seen your post over at the W forum. I am glad for you. I feel bad for so many people that are putting up with all those issues. It is really a shame. IF it had worked as good as we all hoped it would have truly been a game changer.

Just seen your post over at the W forum. I am glad for you. I feel bad for so many people that are putting up with all those issues. It is really a shame. IF it had worked as good as we all hoped it would have truly been a game changer.

I do too. All great ideas by W, but turning the idea into reality has proven to be a difficult task. I hope they will be remedied for all of the poor souls...

My Bull arrived today and I am super impressed with the build quality! It's one thing to read about it, but it's another thing to see and feel it. Man is it heavy! I didn't have enough time to actually fire it up, so I am looking forward to that tomorrow. Will post about the startup and some pics of the first cooks.
Just put mine together on Sunday. The set is really simple, everything on mine lined up perfectly. I didn't use the legs, I got a competition base. All smooth and the directions are clear. Also videos on the website. Save the card that says, "Save Me". it has important phone numbers on it. Enjoy

……….. Save the card that says, "Save Me". it has important phone numbers on it. Enjoy

Point of interest. Back when some of us bought a couple years ago they would send the phone numbers of the owners so that anybody could get in touch if they felt the need. Some recent buyers have said no such info was included (perhaps missed seeing that card). Is that what you're referring to?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back