Smoker turning on by itself

bigspur

Grill(s) owned
  1. RT-680
Last night I got a random notification from the Rec Teq app on my phone at. 2 a.m. informing me that the smoker was preheating. This was totally out of blue as I did nothing on my end and went to sleep with app not turned off. When I went out to my smoker it was burning pellets and turning off and on intermittently. The only way to stop it was to unplug the unit. Have any of you experienced this issue?

Last edited:
Last night I got a random notification from the Rec Teq app on my phone at. 2 a.m. informing me that the smoker was preheating. This was totally out of blue as I did nothing on my end and went to sleep with app not turned off. When I went out to my smoker it was burning pellets and turning off and on intermittently. The only way to stop it was to unplug the unit. Have any of you experienced this issue?
Your profile says that you're the proud owner of a RT-680.
I trust you updated the controller?

You might mount a power strip on it and use the switch on the power strip to cut power when not in use. I've intended to do this, but haven't gotten around to it yet. That would be a convenient place to plug in accessories like lights as well.

Any chance your wifi is hacked and someone messing with you?

Never seen that but I do unplug when I’m done since it is kept inside. Can’t take that chance.

Keep us posted what the support gurus say over there at RecTeq.

TTT Tuya... RecTeq we need to be able to control these things locally. The internet is not friendly to flame producing products! I shouldn't need internet to control my grill over wifi.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back