Soon-to-be RT 700 owner

enzo

Hi all!

After many successful and not so successful attempts at low & slow cooking with my nat gas grill and an A-MAZE-N tube, I realized it wasn't the right tool for that type of job and if I wanted to continue with it I needed to get something better suited to the task.

A pellet grill seemed to fit the bill, so naturally I started looking at Traegers. Eventually I found out about GMG and was pretty much sold on one of their Prime models. Reading more about them online I started to pick up on some negative reviews about QC issues and poor temp control, but I had already made my mind up so I brushed those reviews off. Right before I was about to place an order I happened to read that the new Prime Plus grills were starting to hit the market. The improvements over the Prime seemed worth while, so I decided to wait and see if I could find a Prime Plus in stock. Thankfully they were out of stock just about everywhere, so I waited several days. I spent most of that time reading more reviews and watching countless videos, and those QC and temp control issues kept popping back up and finally led me to doubt whether or not I'd be making the right choice with a GMG.

So I started looking at other brands. Maybe I should just get a Traeger after all? Or should I really juice my budget and go for a Yoder?

Then I found Rec Tec. A few more days of research and I was sold. Ordered a RT700 on Friday and can't wait for it to get here!

Hi all!

After many successful and not so successful attempts at low & slow cooking with my nat gas grill and an A-MAZE-N tube, I realized it wasn't the right tool for that type of job and if I wanted to continue with it I needed to get something better suited to the task.

A pellet grill seemed to fit the bill, so naturally I started looking at Traegers. Eventually I found out about GMG and was pretty much sold on one of their Prime models. Reading more about them online I started to pick up on some negative reviews about QC issues and poor temp control, but I had already made my mind up so I brushed those reviews off. Right before I was about to place an order I happened to read that the new Prime Plus grills were starting to hit the market. The improvements over the Prime seemed worth while, so I decided to wait and see if I could find a Prime Plus in stock. Thankfully they were out of stock just about everywhere, so I waited several days. I spent most of that time reading more reviews and watching countless videos, and those QC and temp control issues kept popping back up and finally led me to doubt whether or not I'd be making the right choice with a GMG.

So I started looking at other brands. Maybe I should just get a Traeger after all? Or should I really juice my budget and go for a Yoder?

Then I found Rec Tec. A few more days of research and I was sold. Ordered a RT700 on Friday and can't wait for it to get here!
This was me almost 1 year ago, my Bulls birthday is coming up in July. You have made a great decision.

Hi all!

Welcome! You can't go wrong with the Bull alright. Certain pieces of equipment do particular tasks better that others for sure, but the Bull is probably one of the best all around smoker/grills I've ever owned. If I had to choose only one smoket/grill out of the four I own to pack out with me it'd be my Bull, all day long. Welcome!

Hi all!

Enzo, you made a great choice. You will be surprised at how well packaged the grill is and how easily it goes together. The BEST part of it is the amazing BBQ. Easy, easy, easy.and delicious. Christmas is coming! ??

Hi all!

Researched a lot myself...seems the Bull was high quality and great service along with super family experience with mutual owners. I am waiting for the call for final delivery this week...I got the competition cart too, seems like a great addition to move around easier and great look!

Hi all!

This is me too. I will add then - I saw the new Traeger Timberline, and almost wavered, those extra racks and front shelf almost got me. My Bull shipped Friday, and should be here next Monday. I'm hoping all the acc. come back in stock on the website soon. Sear kit and front shelve are hot items!

This is me too. I will add then - I saw the new Traeger Timberline, and almost wavered, those extra racks and front shelf almost got me. My Bull shipped Friday, and should be here next Monday. I'm hoping all the acc. come back in stock on the website soon. Sear kit and front shelve are hot items!
Welcome to the forums and great first post. You made a great choice and are going to love the new Bull. Eventually all the backordered items will be in stock and shipped, The COVID-19 has all this shipping stuff in a mess right now.

I believe you made a great choice. I did a lot of research myself before deciding and then it was which RT. I have not regretted the Bull at all and have enjoyed cooking and the food.

Congrats on your choice, I went with an RT-700 too. I had a Traeger Century 22 from Costco for 7-8 years. I finally got frustrated with the flameouts (I'm slow on the uptake) and decided to shop for a new grill. A good friend of mine is a GMG dealer and former Rec Tec owner (he had to sell his 680 when he became a GMG dealer). I asked him what he thought and he told me to go with Rec Tec if I could afford it. He was more than happy to sell me a grill, but he knew I wouldn't be happy with GMG after my issues with Traeger. Then it came down to which one, RT-590 or the RT-700. I'm glad I went with the 700 and am enjoying a well built, properly working grill now! You made the right choice!!

Welcome aboard.

Congrats on the new Bull! I am in your same boat, just ordered one two days ago and can't wait for it to get here. Ill be curious to hear how you like it.

Hi all!

Enzo, I did the exact same path you did, word for word. I had big concerns over Traeger’s customer service and GMG’s great customer service but quality issues. Enough so that I almost gave up on a pellet at all. Then I found RT and did the same deep dive: researched the heck out of it too. The build quality comparison to Traeger along with the 6-year bumper to bumper and all the various reviews from all over (including Keegan on YT) Discussing build quality and customer service won me over. I just pulled the trigger on the Bull yesterday and am really looking forward to it. I look forward to your reviews of your Bull! Cheers.

You’re going to love it! I got mine Thursday and put it work Friday and Saturday and really impressed with the results. It was so nice to not have to babysit a fire for 20hrs on a weekend. It freed me up to get other things done. It was so nice to have that freedom.
I’ll be curious to hear how you like yours when you get it. Congrats man!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back