Stampede Arrived - Customer Service tested...

Casadetrevino

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Well my Stampede arrived yesterday! Grill was packaged very well and all my accessories were present.

While unpacking the Stampede I noticed some 'chatter' gouges/scratches that were on the front of the hopper box. One scratch was down to the metal but I went ahead and assembled the grill and burned it in. I was hoping not to put Rec Tec's customer service to the test so quickly but this popped up.

I contacted Rec Tec via email this morning with pictures of the scratches and asked if they had any suggestions. Less than an hour later I received a response from Rec Tec and the issue was satisfactorily resolved. As per other instances I've read about - they went the extra mile.

I have posted previously about being concerned about Rec Tec's customer service because of a couple of phone calls I made early in the buying the process. However, they proved to be true-blue when I had a real issue to deal with. My advice to anyone wondering is: If something goes wrong just give them a chance, by all accounts you won't be disappointed.

Thank you Rec Tec!

Welcome on board from the Blue Ridge mountains. Also have to agree Rec Tec support is really top notch.
Best Greg

Customer service can make you or break you. So glad to know they stand behind their product. Makes me feel really good about my purchase

If there’s no damage to the boxes/packaging, then they are purposely shipping out cosmetically defective products only to settle with customer after there’s a complaint. Seems to be occurring more frequently than in the past????

If there’s no damage to the boxes/packaging, then they are purposely shipping out cosmetically defective products only to settle with customer after there’s a complaint. Seems to be occurring more frequently than in the past????
Yes, the damage on mine was definitely NOT due to the shipping process. I am certain it left the factory the way I received it. It is a quality control issue to me. I do want to add that I am happy with how they dealt with me after the fact. I would guess they are walking the fine line between damage control and keeping a good reputation intact. That is not sustainable to me in the long run, but I have no idea what or how much influence they really have in China.

The cause of my cosmetic defect may have been from the all-weather vent covers being ‘tossed’ in without any packaging? They have some pretty sharp tabs on them. Not sure but a possibility that the scratch occurred after boxing the unit.

Are you kidding me? Someone dropped the ball in final inspection. They are very good at backing up their products. I ran a business of my own for 15 years. I can assure you my goal was profit not playing games. If you make things you soon find out you’ll get plenty of chances to handel the unforeseen problems of customers. Next you’ll tell us Trump did it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back