Stone or Mat?

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Making my first pizza on the Bull tonight. I have a pizza stone I use on my egg. Should i use the stone or cook it on the Rec Tec mats? I like thin crust,
crispy pizza. ??

Thanks-

Making my first pizza on the Bull tonight. I have a pizza stone I use on my egg. Should i use the stone or cook it on the Rec Tec mats? I like thin crust,
crispy pizza. ??

Thanks-
We put the pizza directly on the Bulls grates, they come out great but they have to be monitored for crust doneness until you figure out the grills temps.

I will say I have the Rec Tec grill mats and a pizza stone but the pizza stone was only used in the houses electric oven and the RVs propane oven, I might have to try the mats on the Bull it may make it easier to get a full size the pizza off. Generally we grill smaller personal sized pizzas where everyone can make there own pizza and then have it put on the grill with the topping they want, always a hit.

I don't know if the grill mats will do 500F safely. Fact check me.
Frozen pizza I just slide on the grates.
Homemade crust I use a vented pizza pan. It crisps up nicely. I think it's the airflow that is key in a pellet grill. I don't think a pellet grill would utilize a stone anywhere near a kamado.

I don't know if the grill mats will do 500F safely. Fact check me.
Frozen pizza I just slide on the grates.
Homemade crust I use a vented pizza pan. It crisps up nicely. I think it's the airflow that is key in a pellet grill. I don't think a pellet grill would utilize a stone anywhere near a kamado.
RecTec says 550 degree on the mesh mats
Screenshot_20200531-084000_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back