Storage, Food Prep and Serving Cart

ARCbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
Grill Accessory Storage & Food Prep / Serving Cart

After shopping for a cabinet at outdoor kitchen shops & websites to increase my outside storage and countertop space, I decided to put together my own, rather than pay their much higher prices. I went back and forth about a fixed cabinet vs a movable cart, but decided on a movable cart for the flexibility. I always move my grills out from under my lanai roof so not to smoke up the area. So, having some counter space next to the grill before and after the cook is handy. But I also wanted it to occasionally be a serving station located elsewhere, instead of next to the grills. Materials: 18” x 46” Harbor Freight tool chest ($270 + tax), 20” x 48” Granite Top made from a remnant on sale ($220), Total Lock Swivel Casters (better than casters supplied with the chest. I used the Harbor F casters for another project) – Lowes ($36 for 4 + tax) - also used the same casters on the gas grill, 16 – 5/16” x 1” Carriage bolts, nuts $5.00, cover $15. Total Cost about $575. Admittedly this isn’t cheap, but purchased built-in cabinets or movable carts were a LOT more expensive. Of course you could skip the granite & use original casters, etc to lower the cost. Here’s a few pictures.

1598304012904.png

Grill Accessory Storage & Food Prep / Serving Cart

After shopping for a cabinet at outdoor kitchen shops & websites to increase my outside storage and countertop space, I decided to put together my own, rather than pay their much higher prices. I went back and forth about a fixed cabinet vs a movable cart, but decided on a movable cart for the flexibility. I always move my grills out from under my lanai roof so not to smoke up the area. So, having some counter space next to the grill before and after the cook is handy. But I also wanted it to occasionally be a serving station located elsewhere, instead of next to the grills. Materials: 18” x 46” Harbor Freight tool chest ($270 + tax), 20” x 48” Granite Top made from a remnant on sale ($220), Total Lock Swivel Casters (better than casters supplied with the chest. I used the Harbor F casters for another project) – Lowes ($36 for 4 + tax) - also used the same casters on the gas grill, 16 – 5/16” x 1” Carriage bolts, nuts $5.00, cover $15. Total Cost about $575. Admittedly this isn’t cheap, but purchased built-in cabinets or movable carts were a LOT more expensive. Of course you could skip the granite & use original casters, etc to lower the cost. Here’s a few pictures.

View attachment 6130
Nice

Could you please provide the link for the mobile cart cover? I have the exact same Yukon cart and I purchased a large grill cover, but it doesn't fit like I want. I would appreciate it.

Home Depot, $15. Will probably find a heavier one later.

That looks great! I've been looking for something to put my tabletop griddle on when I want to use it on the back porch. This might fit the bill nicely and provide some much-needed additional storage. Thanks for posting it!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back