Temp probes really off

Dougfresh

Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
So I just threw on a 10lb pork butt and have both probes fully inserted into the meat. One is reading 57 and the other 155.

Same thing happened during my last cook but I just unplugged and plugged them back in and it seemed to resolve the issue.

I hope I’m just missing something really obvious or there’s a reasonable explanation. I’ve only had the stampede for 4 months and I’m already on my second controller.

Make sure the probes are plugged in all the way in the controller. Sometimes those covers can get in the way.

I think your right. Seemed like it was plugged in all the way but I gave it another nudge and now it’s going down. But like I said, it was in all the way but now I’m making the whole controller move just to get it to read.

I may have to put the old controller back in with one working probe. That or call customer service. So far these temp probes are junk.

Did you upgrade the controller? Not that it would make a diff.
The probes seem wimpy yes but I have not had a problem. Call RT and they
will send another pair.
Good luck.

No. they replaced the controller under warranty because, ironically, in the original one of the probes would not plug in at all.

Call customer service and get some new probes.. make sure that's not the cause instead of the controller. And did you sync your probes before cooking?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back