Bull Temperature Control Part 2

At any rate, the meat came out very well.

Attachments

• CFBE09D7-71DC-47F6-812A-0CD0C39949F6.jpeg
    CFBE09D7-71DC-47F6-812A-0CD0C39949F6.jpeg
    859.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 62ACD239-E294-42AC-81DA-FFDA2D13B02E.jpeg
    62ACD239-E294-42AC-81DA-FFDA2D13B02E.jpeg
    960.9 KB · Views: 57
@Infantryman ..
I was at 572° the other day when I made my burn pot post. I fully believe my Smoker/NW Ohio can do 600°
That said, not sure I want to. Imo it colors the grill and has risks associated with shutdown. I feel 450° is all the hotter I need. However, Bear Mountain pellets absolutely burn hotter. And they are probably my second favorite so far for performance. BM pellets are around 70% oak base and 30% whatever flavor. My 572° were Hickory.

@Infantryman ..
I was at 572° the other day when I made my burn pot post. I fully believe my Smoker/NW Ohio can do 600°
That said, not sure I want to. Imo it colors the grill and has risks associated with shutdown. I feel 450° is all the hotter I need. However, Bear Mountain pellets absolutely burn hotter. And they are probably my second favorite so far for performance. BM pellets are around 70% oak base and 30% whatever flavor. My 572° were Hickory.
Thanks man for the helpful tips and to everyone else who offered me advice. Yeah, I'm starting to agree with you and others that there's no need to go to high on your temps with the RT. If it was meant to be you'd be able to without having to do a bunch of different things to get there......particular pellets, aftermarket part mods. etc. But, I wanted to test out my Bull's high end capabilities, now I know! For any high temp action over 450°F-500°F I'll default to my Weber Gasser. It's a better tool for the job!

Thanks man for the helpful tips and to everyone else who offered me advice. Yeah, I'm starting to agree with you and others that there's no need to go to high on your temps with the RT. If it was meant to be you'd be able to without having to do a bunch of different things to get there......particular pellets, aftermarket part mods. etc. But, I wanted to test out my Bull's high end capabilities, now I know! For any high temp action over 450°F-500°F I'll default to my Weber Gasser. It's a better tool for the job!
I agree on the Weber gasser for high temperatures but have been thinking about getting a Bullseye for these tasks.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back