The Carnivore Diet

@BigDan Congrats !!!!

Jan 1, 2024 I was at 234 lbs.
As of this morning, I am 198.4 lbs.
I used the simple, tried and true, factually backed knowledge that has been around for ages.

It isn't about the <insert macro nutrient here> it never has been. It is about Calories In vs Calories Out, and MOVEMENT.

Here is a simple formula for anyone to use.
Choose your ideal weight you want to be. Let's say 200 lbs. Multiply that by 12. that gives you the amount of calories you need to eat to maintain that specific weight in a day. If you want to lose weight to get to 200, eat less than that amount.

200 x 12 = 2,400 (calories). to maintain 200lbs.
eating less than 2,400 calories in a day and by moving around (approx. 10,000 steps a day, which is a 60mins of walking) you will lose weight. (unless you have a serious medical condition that affects your overall body's metabolic ability.)

You are spot on, it's really not that hard to lose weight naturally and maintain, when you make lifestyle changes and understand how it all works for "most people". My god daughter just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan, she said that not a single obese person was seen on her entire trip in terms of the Japanese natives, but saw plenty of obese vacationers there. Overall it's the food choices that we make day in and day out and being remotely active, and we are no question being slowly poisoned with big pharma meds/environmental/additives/preservatives/toxins and a sedentary lifestyle. We are hardcore living in the world of instant gratification and instant results.........reality just doesn't work that way, nor will doing such last very long. I am 52 years old and haven't looked or felt this good since college, and truthfully.......it hasn't been that hard to do nor have I sacrificed much in the big scheme of things. Way to go with your getting healthier, we need all the advantages we can get these days in order to stay above ground and out of the medical institutions.

You are spot on, it's really not that hard to lose weight naturally and maintain, when you make lifestyle changes and understand how it all works for "most people". My god daughter just got back from a 2 week trip to Japan, she said that not a single obese person was seen on her entire trip in terms of the Japanese natives, but saw plenty of obese vacationers there. Overall it's the food choices that we make day in and day out and being remotely active, and we are no question being slowly poisoned with big pharma meds/environmental/additives/preservatives/toxins and a sedentary lifestyle. We are hardcore living in the world of instant gratification and instant results.........reality just doesn't work that way, nor will doing such last very long. I am 52 years old and haven't looked or felt this good since college, and truthfully.......it hasn't been that hard to do nor have I sacrificed much in the big scheme of things. Way to go with your getting healthier, we need all the advantages we can get these days in order to stay above ground and out of the medical institutions.
I could lose weight in my 50s pretty easily, but i was still working too. Now in my mid 60s and retired, weight loss has become what seems like an impossibility....

I try to eat less and do more, but......

Clearly she didn’t watch any Sumo wrestling!

I figured I didn't need to mention Sumo wrestlers, she did see some but they are not the typical Japanese man, and they work hard to make/keep their bodies that way. :) They are realistically more along the lines of an elite level American offensive line football player, not sure we can qualify those giants of men to be obese, same for power lifters and world strong man competitors. Obese/overweight and poor physical fitness, that's more along the lines of what I was trying to compare average Americans vs average Japanese.

I could lose weight in my 50s pretty easily, but i was still working too. Now in my mid 60s and retired, weight loss has become what seems like an impossibility....

I try to eat less and do more, but......

It's still what you're eating, when your eating, and the calories of intake vs eating at a deficient........you will still lose weight without being active, but that helps with building/keeping muscle mass and overall good for your entire body systems. We men also suffer from lower testosterone as we age, so that needs some help from various forms. :)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
I smell smoke
Back