The new Thermapen from ThermoWorks

Tombo

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Thermapen ONE

With full readings in ONE second or less, Thermapen ONE approaches the speed of thought—allowing you to focus exclusively on the quality of your work. Never has an instrument been able to achieve such speed and accuracy without sacrificing durability and usability...until now.

You can preorder now. $105.

Is it really worth that for one second readings? My regular thermapen works plenty fast…oh that’s when it works. I have two. One has completely stopped working and the other is super finicky. Not a big fan of thermapens. Won’t make that mistake again.

Is it really worth that for one second readings? My regular thermapen works plenty fast…oh that’s when it works. I have two. One has completely stopped working and the other is super finicky. Not a big fan of thermapens. Won’t make that mistake again.
That's surprising, I can't recall the last time I've heard of any negative reviews about Thermapen. Have you tried contacting them? Thermoworks offers a 2 year warranty on MK4's.

All my thermapens have always worked, never any issues, did you replace the battery?
Mine is 10 years old and no problems.

What's the advantage of one second over a two second reading with the MK4?

Not worth it to me.

That's surprising, I can't recall the last time I've heard of any negative reviews about Thermapen. Have you tried contacting them? Thermoworks offers a 2 year warranty on MK4's.
Same. The only time I’ve heard a complaint was with a fake unit purchased off Amazon.

I was really expecting more they way they kept it hush.. hush. Oh well, at least this one will keep the little green I have left in my wallet. Better things to spend that on like some ribeyes.

Sounds like this is a perfect time to pick up a Thermapen MK4 while they are on sale, while you still can.

That is if you don't already have one. :D ;)
I already have an MK4...I'm was implying that the "need" for this one second reading isn't needed when there is already one that does it in 2 seconds.

I have to jiggle it and hold my mouth just right for it to work. It’s like it flickers off and on until it’s just right. I purchased direct from thermoworks. I sent one back and got it fixed but it died again. The one that is so finicky was outside of warranty. They quoted me a price to fix it but with shipping it wasn’t far from a new one so I’ve dealt with it. I was just reading on another forum tonight about people having the same problem so it’s not just me. We’ve honestly had better luck with the cheaper thermo pop.

I just on my MK4 to the side of the Bull before I open to have it close to where I think it will be. And bam have it is 1.1 Second.
Don’t get me wrong I want the new one. And one day I will have it.
But I have some other items in front of it.
1st Bullseye

Far to often I fall into the trap of ‘needing’ the latest and greatest when it comes out, but frankly if I didn’t already have two MK4s (recteq gave me the second one as an Academy attendee) I would buy a backup Mk4 now instead of ordering the ONE. The screen improvement of the ONE looks nice, but I could care less about 1 second vs 2 seconds time. It’s already faster than I move!

They should have led with the increased accuracy, better warranty, and improved usability from easier battery changes then mentioned the faster operation as a nice to have.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back