Tractor Supply branded pellets

Gonefishin

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Military Veteran
Grill(s) owned
  1. Trailblazer
Noticed they have a house brand now, $13 for 40 lbs vs $12 for 20 lbs of Bear Mtn, anyone tried them? I wimped out and bought the Bear Hickory and Apple, the TS is “blended” only, whatever that is.

Almost finished with a 40# bag. I was afraid to try these like you, but did anyhow. I have got to say they performed very good. They have exceeded my expectations in both flavor and burn time. I have noticed that this bag has lasted for more cooks than usual. Not a scientific experiment though, just an anecdotical observation. No issues with ash either. They produce a mild smoke flavor. I am curious to hear others experience with these pellets.

*Edit: Grill used RT590*

I saw these at my local Tractor Supply but didn't like that it didn't list the type of wood being used to make them. Online it showed "We have multiple locations making these pellets for us. This is a hardwood blend of oak and maple".

Good to know it's not recycled pallets. I might pick some up.

Update: replaced the pellets with a bag of Lumber Jack hickory. There was a noticeable difference in flavor and smoke. So in summary The tractor supply pellets were good for cooks that aren’t relying on a heavy smoke flavor like when I use my smoker for a wood fired pizza, or other times, when the smoke flavor is not the focus. The lumberjack pellets were far superior to the tractor supply pellets.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back