Bull Turkey Leg?

Gotbbq

Grill(s) owned
  1. Bull
Anyone ever do turkey legs like they have in the amusement parks- maybe smoked but really tender. I have good access to some hefty turkey legs. Gobble gobble.

Hey Gotbbq,
I would suggest brine the turkey leg and then smoke at 250 degrees, for 4-5 hours. You want to get the leg to 165 degrees.

This is a great forum, but I would like to see more recipes posted by our members.
Best Greg

Hey Gotbbq,
I would suggest brine the turkey leg and then smoke at 250 degrees, for 4-5 hours. You want to get the leg to 165 degrees.

This is a great forum, but I would like to see more recipes posted by our members.
Best Greg
Thanks. I’m going to give it a try this weekend. How long to brine? Hey- Did you ever use lumberjack charblend hickory? Sounds interesting. Cant find any reviews.

Dont brine more than 24 hrs. Otherwise you'll start drying the meat out. I usually wet brine mine for couple hours if just legs. Cant give you specific times cause it all depends on the size.

I know you said legs but for whole birds nothing less and nothing more then 24 hrs for how i do it. Other may have a different way of doing brines..

Thanks. I’m going to give it a try this weekend. How long to brine? Hey- Did you ever use lumberjack charblend hickory? Sounds interesting. Cant find any reviews.

I've used a couple bags of the char hickory. I'm not a wood connoisseur by any means, but I like it. The charcoal is subtle but it is there. When I'm done with my last bag of 100% hickory I think the char hickory will be my go-to for awhile. Costs me a bit more because my local store only carries it in 20 pound bags. And I think it may not get as hot in cold weather, but I'm not positive on that. I should really start recording my cook info somehow. I've been happy with the 100% hickory too.

I already have the hickory and will use tonight
on the salmon. I’m going to order the char from amazon, free shipping. Haven’t used lumberjack yet. Just finished the rec tec 40 lb bag. It was good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WiFiGuru
Back