What are your favorite sides that are not plain potato or baked beans ??

+1 on the Brussels sprouts. We like them tossed in EVOO, bacon bits, salt, pepper, broil til tender/slight char, remove from heat, add favorite sharp cheese crumbles (we like Feta), drizzle with a balsamic vinegar reduction (~1/2 cup balsamic vinegar, 2 tblsp brown sugar, heat in a skillet to reduce, or just buy it) and serve.

Grilled zucchini and yellow squash are also good sides.

Last edited:
I forgot about cabbage in my original post, and it’s probably the #1 non-protein item I grill. EVOO and S&P and I can make a meal out of it. I’ll have to try it with crumbled bacon-sounds good.

One of our favorites is prosciutto wrapped asparagus. In fact I think it is the only way I can get the youngest to eat something that is green.

Just coat in EVOO and a little bit of cracked pepper, then wrap.
I throw them on for the last 10 minutes of the cook.

Attachments

• IMG_8707.jpg
    IMG_8707.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Garlic Smashed Potatoes. Absolutely the best. My family goes crazy for them.

As my left over flat from several weeks ago reaches 170 and gets wrapped, I am contemplating what new sides dishes I want. I have eaten the baked potato and baked bean sides a lot. I need some new ideas even if they are to late for this cook. Those that are less starchy are welcomed as well.

Thanksw for an
Asparagus!!

try this with your corn on the cob. Keep corn in husk, soak in sink for 2 hours filled with water 3 tablespoons sugar for 4 ears more sugar for more ears. Bring smoker to 350 and place corn on grill. Keep rotating corn till the entire husk is completely dark brown or even black Remove from grill, and remove the husk, but be very careful when doing so as the steam from the corn will burn you. Peel back trim the leaves off, butter salt and pepper and enjoy the best ever.

try this with your corn on the cob. Keep corn in husk, soak in sink for 2 hours filled with water 3 tablespoons sugar for 4 ears more sugar for more ears. Bring smoker to 350 and place corn on grill. Keep rotating corn till the entire husk is completely dark brown or even black Remove from grill, and remove the husk, but be very careful when doing so as the steam from the corn will burn you. Peel back trim the leaves off, butter salt and pepper and enjoy the best ever.
I've been cooking corn on the cob for years like this it always comes out great.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back