When you can't eat pork... eat turkey!

BethV

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Grill(s) owned
  1. Stampede
  2. Bullseye
Well, my pork butt and Coppa roast have been stuck in the stall for four and a half hours. Doesn't look like we're going to be eating pork tonight. I never worry about the stall or when my cooks will be done. Fortunately (for my hubby) I made four turkey thighs that I brined a couple of days ago. First time I've ever had a backup.

It has been raining all day here in Southern California. It's 46° and cold! But my 590 is holding 225 and has since 8:00 this morning!

Little does that machine know I have two briskets going on tonight at 11:00. It's definitely a workhorse!

Oh, and yes... the skin is very crispy. I put it in a 500 degree oven for 6 minutes.

Attachments

• PXL_20210124_011411654.jpg
    PXL_20210124_011411654.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 94
Oh, and yes... the skin is very crispy. I put it in a 500 degree oven for 6 minutes.
I've always thought the skin came out perfect when I smoke my turkeys on the RecTeq RT-700, but after seeing this I might just have to try putting it in the oven for a few minutes next time.

That looks darn good @BethV

@Mike, you could pull the thighs off the grill, get it up to 500 degrees, and put it back on the grill to crisp up. But that's a lot of work. I get my oven preheated to 500 and throw them in for 6 minutes. And they come out crispy crunchy. You have to watch them carefully so don't walk away because at that temperature they can burn fast.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back